ApologetiX I love this album! My favorite parodies are Come For Some, Bathwater, God Know You've Tried, and Comeback. ApologetiX does a great...
Kevin Kevin Max former DCTalk member and former Audio Adrenaline singer has come out with his 10thstudio solo album. Kevin is a very creative guy, not only does he write music but he also writes poetry and books....
Broken Temples Review | Posted March-16-2015
Kevin Max former DCTalk member and former Audio Adrenaline singer has come out with his 10thstudio solo album. Kevin is a very creative guy, not only does he write music but he also writes poetry and books. But we are here to talk about his newest music album. In 2012 Audio A came back together with Kevin Max fronting the band. After the first album with Max “Kings and Queens” Audio A management wanted the band to be more of a worship band rather then what they were, a rock and roll Christian band. Kevin didn’t feel that, that’s where he was supposed to be so he went solo once again.
“Broken Temples” is the name of his new album, as you seen in the album cover I think that’s Morris Code. This album features songs that Kevin was writing while still in Audio A. In past albums Kevin Max has written things that were sort of dark and mysterious, this album doesn’t really live up to that. It is more about his journey in his faith and walk with Jesus Christ. I think it is a great album, I have always liked Kevin’s voice, and it has always been so smooth and soothing if you will. It’s music to my ears. I think God knew what he was doing when he created Kevin Max. Well let’s get right into the music and go track by track.
Good Kings Highway: This song is about a person who maybe has grown up with a rough life, doing things he or she maybe shouldn’t have, looking for the right way to go and has found God and found that He is the right path.
Light Me Up: This is about how God lights you up and gives you direction and changes your heart into something good. Even through everything he will light you up.
Just As I Am: I love this song; it may be my favorite song on this album because it’s about how God will take you just as you are. He will meet you wherever you are in life and save you from your sins if you let Him into your life. Another Big Mistake is the same song just remixed by Derek Webb.
Clear: This song is about how God can speak to you but sometimes you just need to be still and quiet to hear him. Going Clear is the same song just remixed by Derek Webb.
When We Were Young: This is about how when we were young or just starting in our walk with Jesus we were all in and really energetic about our faith, and that we need to go back being like that.
That Was Then And This Is Now: This is about how we need to leave our past behind us because God has forgotten about our past when we asked for forgiveness. He whipped our slate clean. White as snow not greyed out or like it’s sort of stained on us but our slate is white as snow!
White Horse: This is about how we will be seeing Jesus riding in a white horse, riding in to save us, pretty simple.
Infinite: God’s love, His mercy, His forgiveness and peace and whatever you think He is, it is infinite. So we shouldn’t be scared or worried about if God could love you enough, because God is infinite.
Apoplectic Review | Posted March-16-2015
I love this album! My favorite parodies are Come For Some, Bathwater, God Know You've Tried, and Comeback. ApologetiX does a great job of taking popular songs and changing the lyrics and putting God's message in there! Great job APX for another great album!
Disciple a Christian rock band from Tennessee is coming out with their 10th studio album on September 23rd. The band consists of Kevin Young, Josiah Price (Philmont), Andrew Stanton (I Am Empire), Jason Wilkeys (High Flight Society) and Joey West (After Edmund). Their upcoming album “Attack” is produced by Travis Wyrick (P.O.D., Pillar, TobyMac) who produced the first 7 Disciple records. This is the band’s first crowd-funded album. Disciple has played thousands of shows worldwide, headlined tours since the 90’s, they have 14 No. 1 singles and have sold hundreds of thousands of records. The band have received multiple Dove Awards and nominations, have had their music featured on ESPN, WWE, Fox Sports, as well as commercials for CBS’ CSI: Miami and Criminal Minds, etc.
Let’s talk about “Attack.” The upcoming album features songs like “Lion,” “Dead Militia” and “Angels And Demons,” as well as the albums lead single, “Radical,” among others. I think this is pretty much just like any Disciple album, awesome! I would go track by track on this album but i feel like you just need to listen to it when it comes out and create your own thoughts on the album.
I Will Follow by Jeremy Camp | Posted February-12-2015
I Will Follow is three time American Music Award and oneGRAMMY nominated artist Jeremy Camp’s eighth studio album. Jeremy has been writing and recording for 12 years now, he has sold four million albums, four of his albums went RIAA Gold and he has one Multi-platinum DVD. He has been on more than 25 tours in the U.S. and has played in more than 32 countries.
Recently over the past year a door was opened with Capitol CMG and Jeremy decided to go all in and put his full effort into this album. I think it is a great album and that Jeremy Camp has down a great job on this album.
Let’s go Track by track.
1. Living Word: This is a song about how the words of God , the Bible is still alive even though the text may be hundreds of years old God’s word is still true to this day. You can read the Bible several times and understand more and more.
2. I Will Follow (You Are With Me): This is anthem saying that I will follow God even when times are really hard and the easy times. Even when we are so low and feel like giving up we still trust in Him because one day that we will see God face to face.
3. He Knows: God knows what we go through, he created us. He sent his son down to earth to die for our sins. When we feel like we are all alone in our struggle, Jesus can feel your pain just like you do.
4. Finally Home: I think this song is basically saying you know this earth is not our home, its temporary and when we finally go home to heaven that all the pain we feel here on this earth will be gone. We will be forever free and happy!
5. Christ In Me: This song is like crying out to Christ saying, take away all earthly things people see in me and let just see Jesus Christ through me.
6. 'Til The End: This song is saying that we should trust, pray, serve, love, and fight for Jesus because in the end Jesus will be the one to win, so we need to be on His side or we will lose.
7. Can’t Be Moved: This is a statement that is basically saying that I believe in Jesus and Jesus alone, even when the world is crumbling around us we always have God to be our rock, and this rock can’t be moved.
8. Only In You: Only in God can we find true peace, true love, true happiness. Nothing compares to the life we find in Jesus Christ.
9. Same Power: The same power that has performed miracles like moving mountains and parting oceans lives in our hearts if we let Him. All we have to do is ask him into our hearts and put all our trust and faith in God.
10. We Are The Dreamers: If you dream something, it is possible because everything is possible with God and He created you.
11. Here I Am: Sometimes we just cry out to God and say here I am, take everything basically, open my eyes to what you want me to see, I surrender to you. When we truly do that God will show us some things.
NINE LASHES – FROM WATER TO WAR (MUSIC REVIEW) | Posted September-17-2014
Nine Lashes third studio album (second with Tooth and Nail Records) came out on January 21st. I per-ordered it plus i was able to listen it early on RadioU.com so here is my track by track review!
1. Never Back Down: This is one of my favorite tracks on the albums and its great that its first because i don’t have to skip through to find a favorite. There are some lyrics i cant make out like right after “we will never back down” so if you know it let me know!
2. Break The World: So this song was their first single for this album. It has a good message. Its good for people that are dealing with depression. It tells us that there is a hope if we just cry out to God for help. It has a techno feel to it but its alright.
3. Where I Belong: This is another one of my favorites! It has some good vocal riffs in it and just a good message about surrendering to God because we belong in his arms and that we can’t make it without God because he is the only one!
4. Lights We Burn: this is kinda one of my favorites i like the line “You heard with a frown bravo, bravo”. The song tells a story of the lights the we started are burning out, so like we are backsliding.
5. Surrender: This song is a slow and soft side to Nine Lashes kinda like their song Afterglow from their last album. There’s nothing really i can say about this song.
6. You Are The Light: Yet another one of my favorite songs. You know i think there is only 3 songs on this album that i wouldn’t call my favorite. This song again has some good vocal riffs in it, like crying out to God and telling him “You are the light”. This song reminds me of Get Back from their last album.
7. In The Dark: This song is crying out to God and saying “Save me, im falling apart because of fear”. Its a good song but not my favorite.
8. Light It Up: This song is a bouncy song that just makes you want to jump. Kinda reminds me of “Light Up The Sky” or “Let The Sparks Fly” by Thousand Foot Krutch. Well Trevor from TFK did help them with this album. Id call this my favorite.
9. Love Me Now: We all make mistakes that we think that God can’t forgive us for, this song is saying like “I know i’ve messed up can you still love me?” and let me tell you, God will always love you and forgive you if you ask. Another one of my favorites.
10. Cover Your Own: This song i think could almost be a worship song. Its not one of my favorites but its still a good song, and it has a good message.
I love this album! | Posted September-17-2014
I love this album, and Romans Highway! I was at the release concert, that was the first time i saw RH and i was hooked. I probably went to 20 RH concerts! I was probably thier biggest fan ever! I miss them and wish they'd come back!
Going BZRK! | Posted August-06-2014
Listened to this song probably 100 times now! Great song and it has a great music video! Love it! Would highly recommend this song! LOVE FF5 AND IM GOING BZRK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Changes Review | Posted July-30-2014
I love this album! these guys are a local band around where i live and they are awesome! The music is spirit filled and they are just great people. I can't wait to hear their next album! I think my favorite song on this album is Candlelights, or maybe Creations! I also love the double clean vocals, it sounds really cool! you should really check these guys out!
Album Review: Kings & Queens by Audio Adrenaline | Posted July-30-2014 Kings & Queens is the first album from the new Audio A with lead singer Kevin Max (From DC Talk)! its a good album for a come back band! I think that Kevin did a good job and it sounds good, too bad he already stepped down before they could make another album.
Album Review: World We View by Nine Lashes | Posted July-30-2014 Great Album and well recorded! Love the songs "Get Back" because it sounds cool and "Afterglow" because its a touching song. "Our Darkest Day" its a engery song along with "Write it Down". "My Friend" is a softer song and sometimes i think we all need to slow down sometimes.