After two delays, Reach Records’ Andy Mineo finally presents Never Land II
to the masses. The album is a follow-up from the 2014 Never Land
EP with connections to the Arrow
EPs from 2018. The collective work of the three EPs and full-length album centers around the idea of never growing up while retaining a child-like faith throughout your lifetime. The album contains some of Mineo’s most raw emotion, transparency and, vulnerability to date. He bears all for the fans and as a form of healing from lingering mental health struggles over recent years.
Highlights from the album are “Nobody’s Coming,” “Trying,” “Been About It,” and “It Could Be Worse.” So many creative elements are poured over this body of work beginning with the 2-track intro; a favorite of mine instantaneously. Features include Lecrae, Wordsplayed, Chandler Moore, Taylor Hill, JVKE, INK, and Joseph Solomon. The project is narrated by his mother, Fran Mineo, as he recovered some audio from season three of the Saturday Car-Tunez series.
Everything about the project is put together beautifully.
Never Land II
is a body of art that a listener should sit with for an extended period. There’s so much to capture in the bars, in the melodies, in the instrumentation, in the creativity, and just all over the 14 tracks. It’s some of Mineo’s best music to date. Stream Never Land II
on Spotify here
4 Against 5's Steven Malcolm and Sony Entertainment's KB finally link up for a hype track. The results are explosive as expected. These two seasoned emcees always go crazy with the wordplay, speed of delivery, and godly content pointing back to the cross. It always takes multiple listeners to even catch half of the creative rhyme schemes and references. Piano keys and high hats dominate the production driving the energy of the track. I can easily see this track acquiring placements all over the professional sports world, especially since we're just getting started with the NFL season. Stream "On Point" on YouTube here
Da' T.R.U.T.H. feat. D'Shondra - "LEMONAID"
25 years later, and Da' T.R.U.T.H. is officially an independent artist with this single being his first release with no major label backing. That in itself is enough to celebrate! He didn't disappoint with the perfect selection of a featured vocalist, D'Shondra, on a song of praise and encouragement. D'Shondra took listeners "TO CHURCH" with her powerful harmonies and hook for the track. Her impact alone has me seeking out her personal catalog. The track revolves around the idea of turning negativity, drama, and sorrow into joy, happiness, and praise. Also, he deep dives into some personal topics adding emotion to the vibe of the single. Over two decades of rapping, Da' T.R.U.T.H. rarely disappoints. Stream "LEMONAID" on Spotify here
More CHH & Urban Soul EPs or Albums
Listen to these on our CHH Spotify Playlist
More CHH and Urban Soul Singles
- It Has To Be God EP by NXT MOVE
- We Still Believe by Roy Tosh
- Love What You Do by Ruslan
- Hear My Psalm by Tre’Gadd
- Byron Juane feat. JC – “Slyde”
- Terrian – “Wake Up”
- Adriel Cruz – “Out With a Bang”
- Dillon Chase – “Already Won!”
- JUDE. x Graham – “Mercedes”
- Corey Wise - "Hard Times Don't Last"
- Nic D x Tawnted – “i don’t think that i’m okay”
- Nelohim – “Kylie”
- Hooseki feat. Levi Parker - "Kaboom"
- J-Phish x Opto Music – “STIR UP THE POT”
- Scootie Wop x BigBreeze x GodFearin - "Lay Up Remix"
- APTITUDE feat. Jarry Manna & Shiwan - "Down so Long"
- Xay Hill – “Izzy’s Song”
- Zae Ortiz – “Back to Dust”
- N!x feat. DJLC – “Dentist”
- Judo Sammy x Lazarus! – “Peel Out!”
- NamedTobias feat. Morcia Nonique – “The Code”
- Marc Stevie x BigBreeze – “Hang Out the Coupe”
- Tre Ovalle – “Slow Down Time”
- Anthone Ray – “Speed”
- Eddie Waynick III – “Ain’t Ever”
- HYLEM feat. itsnoproblem. – “See That”
- Titus – “Too Soon”