Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. At a place in Georgia called Wild Adventures, Skillet's drummer Jen Ledger met a new friend. And this friend was a wallaby. Not every day you get to snuggle a wallaby.
2. One of Switchfoot's best friends in Boston is a pastry chef named Korrin. She runs a bakery called Ula in Jamaica Plains. Jon Foreman said after visiting his friend, he was all smiles and highly caffeinated before a show.
3. Thousand Foot Krutch frontman Trevor McNevan proudly shared with fans a photo of his son attending his first ever TFK show. Of course, Cohen McNevan had large noise-canceling headphones on, but most importantly, he had thrown up his rawk fist.
4. Mac Powell of Third Day shared that his wife's grandfather, called "Big Papa," went to be home with Jesus this weekend. This man served our country in IwoJima in WW2 and for over 20 years in the Marietta Police Department. Mac said it was one of the greatest honors in his life to have known him.
5. Office pranks work in Christian bands too. Anthem Lights decided to all show up to work in suits--all except for Alan Powell, who showed up to work in a tank top. The other guys did their best to make him feel awkward.
6. While heading to Rock the Desert festival on a plane, for KING & COUNTRY just happened to bump into Family Force 5. There was a whole lot of awesome on that one flight, and we hope for the passengers' sake, that some epic singalongs occurred.
7. We know Lincoln Brewster can play a mean guitar, but did you know he had certifiable arena rock hair at one point? The worship leader shared a photo from 1994 while he was part of Steve Perry's band. He had long, curly locks that screamed rock 'n' roll.
8. This weekend, Josh Wilson celebrated six years of marriage with his wife, and spent an incredibly special day in his hometown with siblings, parents, and grandparents. Played new music for the church where he grew up. So yeah, he said that was a good day.
1. "God's love for you isn't based on what you do or don't do. God loves you because that's His nature and that's who He is. God IS love!" - Danny Gokey
2. "With your best friend you can sit and talk about everything...or nothing!" - Love & The Outcome
3. "Death is weird and sad. It's going to be great when it's not around anymore." - Phil Wickham
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.