Studio album by 2nd Chapter of Acts
Originally released 1980
Producer Buck Herring
The Roar of Love is a 1980 concept album by Christian band 2nd Chapter of Acts that tells the story of the first book in the Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis.
According to band member Matthew Ward, all the vocals were cut in a bedroom of the house the trio lived in at the time. They converted their garage into a mixing room, knocked a hole in the bedroom wall and ran a microphone cord into it. The songs have a heavy use of synthesizers, which were monophonic at the time.
It was reissued in 1989 (this version) on the Live Oak label.
* 2nd Chapter of Acts - vocals & crystal glasses
* Leland Sklar - bass
* David Kemper - drums
* Michael Omartian - keyboards, synthesizers & instrumental arrangements
* Phil Keaggy & Jay Graydon - guitars
* Alex Cima - synthesizer programming
* Matthew Ward - whistle
* Joel Strasser - photography
* Larry McAdams - illustration & design
Click here to add a video. Click to add lyrics if not listed.