Introduction to Christian Rock!| Posted August 12, 2009
I remember when i first heard of Rebecca St. James from a free cassette sampler from the Christian bookstore. I was instantly hooked to her song "Pray", and that was the first time i heard Christian rock! My family and I also remember her #1 hit "Yes, I believe in God" lasted at #1 on Christian radio for at least a month! Over the years i have listened to Rebecca's music and it just gets better and better! I really love the new song "Wish (Shoulda Coulda) over on her myspace page, where she speaks of a friend she needed to help in their time of need. I really love how Rebecca writes her lyrics from Bible verses. I remember her concert and i was so excited because it was the first time i had actually seen an artist live on stage. I talked with her a few minutes backstage and it was really awesome! My whole family and everyone i happen to know loves to listen to Rebecca St. James! Her music is very catchy and gives praise and honor to the Lord! If you are looking for a great Christian rock singer...listen to Rebecca's very first album up to the latest! I love to listen to her music over and over again...it is very encouraging and uplifting no matter where you are! If you can go to one of Rebecca's upcoming concerts which happen to be really amazing when it is live!
An Amazing Release!| Posted November 09, 2008
This GOLD selling, Grammy winning release deserves all the accolades it has managed to gain. Rebecca's siganture vocals fly over pop, rock and dance tracks that mesh into a great album.
1. Pray 5/5 A fun, vibrant rock track!
2. OK 4/5 This song is more than OK. It's great!
3. Give Myself Away 4/5 Nice pop track that speaks of redemption.
4. Hold Me Jesus 4/5 A wonderful take on Rich Mullins classic ballad.
5. I'll Carry You 5/5 A peppy dance track about helping others and relying on God.
6. Come Quickly Lord 5/5 Great song about the Lord's return!
7. Peace 10/5 Best song on the album! Just infathomable!
8. Mirror 5/5 A abstract, yet contagious song about mirroring Jesus.
9. Lord You're Beautiful 5/5 A really great cover of the Keith Green classic!
10. Love to Love You 5/5 A really happy pop track!
11. Omega 5/5 A beautiful ballad with a great choir!
12. Be Thou My Vision 4/5 A nice cover of the age-old hymn
Overall, this album rocks! Rebecca you rock! Keep making amazing music!