Christian Music/Entertainment News (8)
1. Andrae Crouch was suddenly and unexpectedly hospitalized last week, which led the legendary gospel artist to postpone his tour this month. He's resting comfortably, said his sister, Sandra--who said the family appreciates prayers for a speedy recovery. The all-star concert tour featuring CeCe Winans, Marvin Sapp, Israel Houghton and more is being rescheduled for Spring 2015.
2. Rock band Skillet definitely knows what it feels like to perform to sold-out and capacity crowds around the world--they did it a lot this past year--and most recently, they had their first headline tour across Europe, where they had sellout crowds of 60 percent of the venues, including London, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Warsaw, Antwerp and Cologne.
3. In case you missed it, Joel and Luke Smallbone of for KING & COUNTRY were cover boys for Nashville newspaper The Tennessean's Thanksgiving issue. In the article, the brothers talked about what they're thankful for, including coming out of some big trials during the past year.
4. It's coming! Jeremy Camp released word that his new album, I Will Follow, is coming out on February 3rd, 2015. You've probably already heard the first single from it, "He Knows." I Will Follow shows the growth Jeremy's gone through as well as a new sound showcased by producer Seth Mosely.
5. Just in time for Christmas, Left Behind will be on video on demand. The apocalyptic thriller starring Nicolas Cage will be available through streaming services on December 23rd, followed by DVD and Blu-Ray on January 6th. So if you weren't sure what movie you were going to watch over Christmas dinner, wonder no more… or not. Your choice.
6. After 52 performances across America, Carman says he's now at home resting. He gave fans an update regarding his health on Facebook, saying that he probably went on tour too soon after treatment, and that the cancer appears to be gone everywhere except in "one small area." He said that while it's taking a bit to recover, and that the tour grind isn't what it used to be, he's excited to be out there, particularly after seeing 2,500 people make first-time decisions for Jesus on tour.
7. for KING & COUNTRY is known for playing an orchestra's worth of instruments in their live shows, but they may not be done just yet. Joel posted online a photo of him with a flute with the caption, "Serious question, if we were to add flute into our live show would you support?" Since nearly 18,000 fans "liked" the photo, I'm thinking there may be a little flute rock in their future.
8. Kevin Max told his online followers that his forthcoming solo record, Broken Temples, is finished, and he listened to the masters of the completed project yesterday. He said it's weird that although he's hearing the final masters of the record, that it will be a couple of months before it releases. Be looking for a PledgeMusic campaign soon to help with marketing the project, which Kevin says is "just the start of this season of my artistry."
1. "Your story matters. And maybe you won't ever stand on a stage and share your story through a microphone but your life is beautiful and has purpose." - Jamie-Grace
2. "Don't miss the moments God puts right in front of you." - Carlos Whittaker
3. "Dreams are only realities that wait for those who want to work hard enough to see them. They're not for everyone else, they're for YOU, me and all the believers out there who aren't afraid of going while everyone else is watching. Quiet the negativity and awaken the child in you that once believed they could fly. God is with you, dream big." - Manwell Reyes of Group 1 Crew