Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. Stephanie Skipper, formerly Stephanie Smith, had the chance to perform some of her solo songs for the first time in several years this week. The artist said it took a lot of courage, but the songs still mean a lot to her years after she wrote them.
2. Family Force 5 will be releasing a remix album titled Time Still Stands this November, a play on last year's album title Time Stands Still. If you want to catch a hint of what to expect, you get the "BZRK" remix as an automatic download when you preorder the project on iTunes.
3. Alt rocker The Rocket Summer has announced his next album after months off the road to create, and now he has tour dates to go with it. The primarily west coast centered dates include stops in San Diego, Los Angeles, Seattle and Denver.
4. Worship leader Kari Jobe and her husband Cody Carnes are anticipating the arrival of their first child. In the meantime, Kari joked that she has a new worship leading stance, sharing a picture of herself on stage with a hand on her baby bump.
5. Jon Foreman from Switchfoot is famous for his after shows, informal performances at random locations after an evening's main Switchfoot gig. Now the singer is inviting fans to share their pictures and memories from those performances with the hashtag #jonforemanaftershows for a shot at winning his EPs Darkness and Dawn.
6. Over the summer freshman rock act Veridia has been sharing a series of stripped down performances called the Summer Sessions, and this week they released the last piece. The song is called "Still Breathing," and the band debuted it in partnership with the charity The Mocha Club. Hear the song here.
7. If you've ever wanted to jam Family Force 5 on vinyl, now is your chance. Superfan Vinyl has just released a limited run of Family Force 5's Business Up Front Party In the Back on special marbled vinyl. There are only 300 pressed, so get them before they're gone!
8. Shawn Cavallo of Manic Driveshared on social media that he had leg surgery this week, but not to worry: it went well and he's already healing. He accompanied the post with a picture of himself in the hospital, keeping up on his phone despite the circumstances.
1. "EVERYBODY has a god. Whatever you turn to, to get you through, is your god. Mine, is GOD." - Kirk Franklin.
2. "The refining glory of our process is the song we find to sing in spite of circumstance." - Amanda Cook
3. "Yes, our potential for darkness is great, but our potential for light is greater, because it is what we are created for... to shine with the light of love and hope." - Lacey Sturm
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.