Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. Jason Barton, lead singer of 33MIles, spent a morning in court this week to give testimony in a drunk driving/car accident case he witnessed. After the whole experience, Jason resolved that he's glad he's a singer and not an attorney, as it was really emotional.
2. Amanda Noelle continues to have a joyful outlook, even in the midst of her battle with cancer. She celebrated yesterday the fact that she was receiving her 11th chemotherapy treatment--which means she only has one left after this! Continue praying for her healing.
3. Lots of fans preordered Jason Crabb's forthcoming album, and that means one thing for Jason: lots of practicing his signature. He was pictured in front of a massive pile of his CDs, armed with a single sharpie, digging in for a long night. He's not complaining, though; he's quite excited at the response.
4. It's been a long time coming, but Jenny Simmons released her first-ever book, her transparent memoir, The Road to Becoming, yesterday. Purchase your copy here.
5. Nobody typically asks for a cup of Darkness, but Jon Foreman is offering just that. On his website, Jon is offering a pound of coffee custom blended by the Switchfoot frontman himself, plus some other limited edition items, including a coffee cup branded with his "Darkness" EP cover image. Check it out here.
6. Everfound is back in the studio again, working hard apparently to try to achieve simplicity in songwriting, which the band says is often the most difficult thing to achieve. The accompanying Instagram photo was that of electronics and wires... maybe that's the answer to that enigma?
7. Luke Smallbone of for KING & COUNTRY scored major points with his son for spending a little time in the cockpit of an airplane before the pair headed to the set of the forthcoming Priceless film. Seeing the captain and all the buttons and knobs enamored little Jude.
8. Tim Timmons is going to be part of a special webinar for worship leaders, to help them upgrade their songwriting, worship leading and music making. He'll also share his story and some special devotions specially geared to worship leaders. It'll happen at 2PM Central on Thursday, September 17th at WorshipTeamTraining.com.
1. "It's so important to look back and revisit our history with the Lord." - Kari Jobe
2. "Shout out to all the people that don't have CDs or music out, or fans, or an artist page on Facebook, but SLAY singing in the shower, their bedrooms, and at church on Sundays with that raw talent!" - HillaryJane
3. "Even the most simple person can astonish the wisest men because of their relationship with Jesus." - Manwell of Group 1 Crew
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.