Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. While cleaning out his backpack yesterday, Switchfoot's Tim Foreman found some hotel notepads that had the lyrics from when he wrote the song "What It Costs" in Melbourne, Australia. He said it was a pretty cool memento from a really heavy day. He used two different pens; one faded, the other didn't. The words "make it last" did just that, he said.
2. Matt Hammitt's son, Bowen, was pictured yesterday in a hospital bed with a cast on his right leg, a popsicle in his hand, and a smile on his face. The Sanctus Real singer thinks he'll have his hands full for years to come.
3. Itching to see what Sidewalk Prophets have been working on? Their first music video from upcoming album Something Different is now out. Check out their social media outlets to find the music video for "Prodigal."
4. The Madden series of video games is one of the biggest out there, and rapper NF's music is featured on the NFL game. Because you can't have NFL without... NF.
5. Moriah Peters has put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into the "Brave" music video, and it's ready. Moriah announced that the video will premiere this Friday, August 7.
6. Tampa Bay native KB played journalist this week as he chronicled an interesting side effect of the flooding in his neck of the woods: fish in the street. He said his community "needs an ark right now."
7. Matthew West has date nights with his daughter, Lulu... and her American Girls doll. Matthew said it he had a great date night a few days ago, and remarked on how blessed he is to be her dad, noting that "she gets all her good stuff from her mom."
8. Congratulations to Derek Overton of About the Author! He asked his girlfriend Tia to be his wife, and she said yes. Hooray for the happy couple!
2. "Life's too short for squabbles. If you've been distant from a loved one because of a misunderstanding, call them today and make it right, even if they were in the wrong. You'll be glad you did." - Natalie Grant
3. "The difficult path can sometimes bring you to quite glorious places of reflection." - Kevin Max
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.