1. If you're a Thousand Foot Krutch fan who has yet to hear their powerhouse track "Untraveled Roads," now is the perfect time: it's available for free on iTunes. TFK frontman Trevor McNevan tweeted out to fans that they can grab the track by visiting the "Free Songs" tab on the iTunes homepage.
2. As iced in conditions continue in Nashville, artists are continuing to find ways to pass the time-- many of which involve sledding. Natalie Grant and her three daughters repurposed a kiddie pool to sled in their backyard. The summer time staple transitioned great into winter usage, and even Natalie tried it out.
3. Skillet fans, get ready: the group is well into writing for their next album. With Rise still enjoying considerable momentum, frontman John Cooper shared in an interview with Billboard this week that he already has between 15 and 18 new songs completed. He has also shared tentative plans to return to the same producer who the group worked with on Gold certified album Comatose.
4. If you're anxiously awaiting Third Day's upcoming new worship album Lead Us Back, they've released a new song to tide you over. "Our Deliverer" is available on iTunes now, and if you preorder the full album, you'll get also get the song as an instant download.
5. Matthew West has just announced that he'll be taking Colton Dixon and Mr. Talkbox, formerly of TobyMac's Diverse City Band, out on the road this Spring. The tour kicks off on March 5 in Poughkeepsie, and promises to be a high energy evening from these standout gentlemen.
6. Speaking of Matthew West, the artist has also released details for his upcoming album. The project is called Live Forever and will be releasing on April 28. This album is Matthew West's third collection of songs entirely inspired by fan stories. The artist has received over 40,000 fan stories from all over the world, and he says he "can't wait to share these songs and stories with audiences everywhere."
7. If you're a longtime Remedy Drive listener, you might remember the days when the band was composed of the four Zach brothers. Although brothers Philip and Paul have departed Remedy Drive, they have a new musical project called The Silver Pages. They're currently running a kickstarter to get their next album off the ground. The project will feature appearances from former Newsboys bassist Phil Joel and David Leonard from All Sons & Daughters, and it sounds like a project well worth paying attention to.
8. Danny Gokey is in the studio, working on somewhat different project. The "Hope in Front of Me" author is in the process of re-recording his last album entirely in Spanish. The artist shared a glimpse of the project on Instagram, giving fans a preview of one of the reimagined tracks.
1. "No one can go back and make a new start. But everyone can start now and make a new ending." - Lecrae
2. "When you stand for your faith, people will come out of the woodwork to pick you apart. Love them anyway." - James Mead, Kutless
3. "You shouldn't worry so much about what other people think of you because it is God who holds your future, not them." - Danny Gokey