Never fear, NRT is here with the latest in Christian music news!
Christian Music/Entertainment News (8)
1. What's a dream gig if you're in a band? How about getting booked by a church in the Cayman Islands, as worship band Citizens & Saints was. But even better than that? Said church paid for the band to bring spouses along. Frontman Zach Bolen's wife Natalie called their trip last week "an amazing gift."
2. On Friday, tobyMac wrapped filming for a music video of his latest single, "Beyond Me." No clues as to what the video will look like outside of the fact Toby was pictured wearing a fedora. We'll let your imaginations begin filling in the sizable gaps.
3. Love Flyleaf but aren't into distortion guitars? Well, you might consider one of their pre-show VIP experiences. The band shared an acoustic rendition of their song, "Thread," which was easy on the ears and could quite possibly be a perk for VIPs, the band said.
4. Tomorrow night, Aaron Shust is going to do his first-ever StageIt online concert, which he calls the Home Sessions. There is admission to watch, but it's "pay what you can." Find out how to Cool Watches it on Aaron's social media pages.
5. Lauren Daigle already has made lots of new fans and got a lot of buzz from her How Can It Be EP, and it looks like more music is coming soon. She announced that her first full-length album is coming in April, and will feature some songs from the EP as well as a number of others, including a new tune called "Power to Redeem" featuring All Sons and Daughters.
6. Jared Anderson, who you might know from Desperation Band and Colorado's New Life Church, has a new label home. He's part of Centricity Records now, and to celebrate, he's released a new song and music video titled "Where I Am Right Now." But we already know. Right now, he's on Centricity Records.
7. It's no secret Anthem Lights go their start in the Christian music world, and perhaps even less of a secret that nowadays they've created a 300,000-fan YouTube subscriber base from making popular covers of mainstream songs, but in case anyone was wondering, the group says they consider themselves a mainstream pop group more than a Christian band, according to an interview with the website sweetyhigh.com. Let the Christian band vs. Christians in a band debate resume… now.
8. Switchfoot frontman Jon Foreman has some solo records coming out this year, and to support that endeavor, he'll be hitting the road by himself for the Wonderlands tour. More dates are in the works, but as of now, he'll be in Newport Beach, Santa Barbara and Santa Cruz, California April 9th through 11th.
1. "A heart of worship doesn't wait for the right music or a big moment—it's constantly thanking God for all He's done." - Chris Tomlin
2. "Remember every pain has a purpose, every trial has a triumph, every hurt has a hope, every mess has a message, you still have a future after every failure!" - Beckah Shae
3. "The joy of living in community is not that people are there to meet our every need— only God can do that. But the joy of community is learning to serve other another and fighting to be the person who stays when everyone else wants to leave." - Rend Collective