What's new in the Christian music world? Find out below!
Christian Music/Entertainment News (8)
1. Jeremy Camp and his wife, Adrienne, celebrated 11 years of marital bliss this week. Jeremy shared a throwback picture of him and Adie, saying that back then they were young and in love, and that now, they're older, wiser and far deeper in love than ever before. Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Camp!
2. Diverse City Band member Byron "Mr. Talkbox" Chambers is a movie star! Well, sort of. Byron is featured in Nathan East: For The Record, a documentary about his friend, Grammy nominated bassist Nathan East. It premieres on Hulu next Monday, December 22nd. But the question remains: Will he give interviews with the talkbox?
3. Israel Houghton paid Elevation Church a visit this past weekend, and guest worship led some of his songs, including "Jesus At The Center" and "Your Presence is Heaven to Me," while also co-leading "Look How He Lifted Me" and "Here As In Heaven" with the Elevation Worship team.
4. There have been lots of Christmas song covers, but very few that have that Southern twang to them. Rhett Walker Band is here to fix that, and has been releasing videos of "a Christmas thing that we're doing," with their most recent front porch jam of "Jingle Bells," featuring an upright bass, brushes on a snare drum, and some sweet guitar licks.
5. There were no punches pulled in the new music video for "Without a Fight," the latest single by indie rock darlings Lybecker. No, really, there's a lot of punching in this boxing-themed battle song. And it's a pretty great song too, the first from the band's forthcoming 2015 album. You can watch the slugfest at the band's Facebook page.
6. Yesterday, for KING & COUNTRY dedicated 100 percent of sales of its 2013 Christmas record, Into the Silent Night, to Compassion International's Christmas Gift Fund, which helps families in poverty-stricken regions of the world with special gifts that will help them beyond just their day to day needs. Way to go, lads!
7. Crystal Lewis' daughter, artist Izzi Ray, said she witnessed a proposal in the airport yesterday, which would've been awesome if not for the fact that she accidentally was in all the photos.
8. When you travel as much as Christian artists do, you have to develop a special sense of humor. Upon reaching her South Dakota destination, JJ Heller posted a picture of herself next to a potted plant with the caption, "Behold! We have reached the legendary gardens of the Sioux Falls baggage claim! We made it!!!"
1. "Coming back from the edge of the abyss you learn to broaden your scope of how God works and appreciate the different levels he works on....even just to bring one soul to Christ." - Carman
2. "It's a season where emotions can run all over the place. I want to remind you that He is so mindful of you. He cares so very deeply about you and what concerns you. He loves you so unconditionally. Beyond the scurry. Rest in that today." - Kathy Troccoli
3. "If you choose calling over comfort the cost is lost in the joy you find!" - Brian Houston