Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. GP are you with me? Kirk Franklin announced his forthcoming album and its artwork. The record, titled Losing My Religion, features the Gospel-crossover great sitting on a quizzically placed church pew outside. The album drops November 13th.
2. Surprise! Disciple just caught everyone off guard this week by announcing that they're releasing a brand new--previously unannounced--EP, titled Vultures, on Friday!
3. On September 28, Switchfoot's new BroAm Studios will begin giving music lessons to people in the San Diego area. So that's pretty cool.
4. Capital Kings has their new record, simply titled "two" with roman numerals, and to be cute, they announced that their record will be dropping on October II "eye eye." Some people think they're releasing it on October 11th. Gotta love roman numerals!
5. Big congratulations to for KING & COUNTRY. The Smallbones & Company celebrated their song "Fix My Eyes" charting in the Top 50 for Hot AC/Pop Radio--that's mainstream, folks!--for the first time ever this week!
6. What does 6:30 a.m. looks like in the life of a Christian artist? Well, in Laura Story's case, it's all three of her kids up and at 'em, hugging and alert. Laura shared pictures of her kiddos looking quite bright eyed and bushy tailed at the early hour. Mom? Probably not quite as energetic.
7. We know Jamie-Grace loves to wear boots, but she said when she's not wearing those, she likes to sport some massive platform shoes that apparently actress Whoopi Goldberg gave her. There's got to be a story behind that.
8. Danny Gokey was a proud papa as he shared with the world that his daughter, Victoria Isabella, was dedicated to the Lord at church this week.
1. "Take time to allow God to speak into your life even when it isn't what you want to hear. You'll find that a loving father makes it a point to correct and encourage His kids that He loves." - Manwell from Group 1 Crew
2. "This world might not be eternal, but the people in it are. They're the ones God has given us to journey with, the ones he's called us to love. They are our family." - Rend Collective
3. "No matter where you end up in life, there's always a road back home where a Father waits with open arms." - Chris Tomlin
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.