Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. Looks like Michael W. Smith is going to be a G-daddy again! His daughter, Whitney, and son-in-law Jack (of Leeland) had their son and daughter announce on camera that they're having a brother!
2. Jodi and Chris of Love & The Outcome have put their living in a van days behind them, as they put down roots and bought a house in the Nashville area. They'll still be living in vehicles when they tour, but at least now they'll have a place of their own to come home to. The married pair were quite excited!
3. Fans of rock band Underoath got to learn a little bit more about that band's reunion, as some of its members (including Aaron Gillespie) went on the "Bad Christian Podcast" to talk about what brought them all back together.
4. The Internet is home to a lot of tall tales, and when Mac Powell tweeted yesterday that he could eat an entire watermelon solo, James Mead of Kutless called him on it. "Prove it," he challenged. No word yet as to whether the Third Day frontman will ante up.
5. It's been a while since we've seen an album from Holly Starr, but Something I Need will be releasing this month, and Holly couldn't be happier--even when signing scores of physical copies for preorder fans.
6. For the first time, Mr. Talkbox has a view from the top. The artist also known as Byron Chambers was elated to see that the song he was featured on with tobyMac--"Feel It"--hit No. 1 on the Christian Hit Radio charts. See the video for the song here.
8. As if Jon Foreman isn't busy enough touring for Switchfoot and releasing four of his own solo EPs... it appears that Switchfoot is back in the studio, more excited than ever to keep making new music. For someone like Jon who lives and breathes songs, it's just another day at the office.
1. "When you walk through painful situations where someone may have hurt you or you've faced things that are unfair and disappointing you only have two options: grow through it and become better, or stay there and become bitter. Please choose to grow through it and let God vindicate you and bless you." - Danny Gokey
2. "He gives us a clean slate. He lets us start over unconditionally. Every day, He gives us a fresh start." - Ryan Stevenson
3. "God's not looking for the extraordinary, He's looking for the willing. You may feel that you just have little to give, but in His hands your little can be huge." - Natalie Grant
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.