Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. Sanctus Real frontman Matt Hammitt has been hard at work on his new podcast, and now he has another side gig: teaching homeschool coop classes with his wife. The couple is teaching about continents, inspiring Matt to ask his twitter followers if anyone knew how many people live in Antarctica.
2. Some Christian rock fans might remember the band Falling Up, who released songs like "Broken Heart" and "Hotel Aquarium" before breaking up a few years ago. Although officially inactive, the group has continued to release occasional new music, the most recent of which is a single called "In the Woodshop." You can pick it up here on iTunes.
3. In addition to serving as lead singer of Casting Crowns, Mark Hall is also a full time youth minister. Youth leader duties this week involved a movie night in his own yard, complete with lawn chairs, blankets, and of course, lots of teenagers.
4. Hawk Nelson got back to their Canadian roots this week. Bass player Dan Biro managed to hand off a copy of their album Diamonds to Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, who accepted the CD. Here's hoping he becomes a fan!
5. Life isn't all rock and roll all the time, not even for Duncan from the Newsboys. Duncan shared that after a weekend of shows, he's back to daddy duty-- and he shared the selfie to prove it.
6. As Steven Curtis Chapman continues his visit to China and their Show Hope Centers, he took some time off to be a tourist and visit the Great Wall of China. He shared a selfie from the excursion, joking that although Mulan was set in the location, he couldn't find the dragon Mushu anywhere.
7. Iconic Christian artist Amy Grant hosts weekends at her farm every fall, and this year's event was a success. Amy said that she enjoyed laughing, singing, crying, eating and creating with over 650 attendees this year.
8. Hit master TobyMac is preparing to head out on his This Is Not A Test tour, and if you're planning to go to a show, he's giving you the chance at a meet and greet. Toby's inviting fans to share pictures of themselves with the album This Is Not A Test, tagging Toby and hashtagging their favorite song and home city, with a few lucky winners chosen in each city.
1. "Honesty promotes intimacy, and intimacy encourages our mutual reliance on God. True honesty is beautiful." - Rebecca St. James
2. "Keep your eyes on Jesus. Everything else comes into focus when He's the center." - Chris Tomlin
3. "You may be an imperfect person, but you are loved by a perfect God. He's got you covered." - Danny Gokey
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.