Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. Jamie Grace has been open about her ongoing fight against Tourette Syndrome, and in the sixth episode of her video podcast The Jamie Grace Show, she gave fans a glimpse into the next step in that battle. Jamie took fans behind the scenes into a doctor's visit as she got a mouthpiece fitted that massively reduced her symptoms.
2. If you're looking for some new amps, you have the chance to pick up two with a history in Christian music. Mike Scheuchzer from MercyMe is selling two of his amps via Music City Pickers. You can check his instagram page for more info.
3. The Gospel Music Association of Canada has announced the nominees for their GMA Week awards. Among the nominees were Dan Bremnes, who is nominated in four categories, and Hawk Nelson.
4. You've heard Blanca's "Greater is He" on the radio, now you have a chance to see it on your computer screen in music video form. Blanca shared that she's excited for the personal and powerful song to have an official music video.
5. Although TobyMac's tunes are not what most people would think of when they talk about "church music," a church in South Carolina would disagree. NewSpring Church featured a performance of "Til the Day I Die" as special music in their Sunday service. The Toby team said it was a cover well done.
6. Singer Amanda Noelle has continued to share her journey battling cancer with her army of supporters, and this week she shared a piece of good news with them: Tuesday was her last chemotherapy treatment. Amanda says she still has a few surgeries to go, but that the end of chemo is a milestone to be celebrated.
7. This week Phil Wickhamshared a portrait of himself that looks a little different from his usual press pictures. His daughter drew a portrait of him on a magnetic drawing board, featuring a pretty intense beard. Proud father Phil hashtagged the drawing "#art."
8. Hawk Nelson got to experience some true southern hospitality in Texas this week. When their trailer tire blew out, a gentleman with a truck stopped and gave the band a ride along the roadside until they found it.
1. "This is exactly what the Church is called to be, to gather around the hopeless and act on our belief that there is a world better than the broken one we know." - Eric Fusilier, The City Harmonic
2. "Never doubt for one moment that God is not working on your behalf. Every opportunity and every moment is a gift... And in that gift, there's always room to grow, to love, and to dream." - Blanca
3. "Stop trying to 'be a Christian' and instead, have a relationship with God. Let Him become your Father, and you become His child. Walk with Him, and let Him make miracles out of your life." - Kevin Young, Disciple
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.