Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. TobyMac took the Fox & Friends stage in New York yesterday morning with his Diverse City Crew in celebration of This Is Not A Test. If the pictures Toby and his band shared are any indication, the event was a rousing success.
2. Although when you hear "Speak Life" on the radio it's TobyMac's voice singing it, the song was actually penned by Ryan Stevenson. In recognition of this, Gotee Records gave Ryan customized kicks with "speak life" embroidered on them. You may be seeing these as part of his stage outfit soon!
3. The About A Mile brothers are in the process of shooting a new music video-- though they're staying mum on which song they will be illustrating. They did share however that the classy set involve rough wood walls and hanging lightbulbs.
4. Although goodbyes are inevitable, it's still OK to feel sad about them. Jon Foreman posted a selfie with Drew Holcomb, both of them displaying sad faces that the legendary Tour De Compadres, featuring Switchfoot and NEEDTOBREATHE, is over.
5. Darren Mulligan of new band We Are Messengers has been sharing updates from the studio, which has included guest appearances from some of the for KING & COUNTRY gentlemen. It turns out that band members Ben Backus and Mark Campbell will be producing the project.
6. Hillsong Worship has shared the details of their next project. The corporate worship centered ministry of Hillsong church will be releasing an album titled Open Heaven / River Wild on October 16.
7. Powerhouse voice Natalie Grant is getting ready to release a brand new song titled "Be One," and you can preorder the track on iTunes now. Better yet, Natalie suggests that you gift the song to a friend who might need encouragement.
8. For all the rockers out there, Pillar's long awaited reunion album One Love Revolution is available now. At this point it's available exclusively at Lifeway stores, but you'll be able to get it on iTunes too starting next week.
1. "Plant one seed and it will always produce more than that single seed. It's abundantly true, you reap what you sow." - Tedashii
2. "You want to impact people for Christ? Start with the person in the mirror!" - Mattie Montgomery, For Today
3. "Healthy things grow. Growing things change. Changing things challenge us. Challenging things require trusting God. Trusting God makes us healthy. And the circle continues." - Bart Millard, MercyMe
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.