Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. It was a big enough deal that for KING & COUNTRY performed at Madison Square Garden last month, but did you know the Smallbone brothers met U2 frontman Bono, who was in attendance? That was a dream come true for the brothers.
3. Pray for the Selah family. The band's singer, Todd Smith, just learned that his dad has been diagnosed with leukemia.
4. Looks like rock band Underoath is going to be getting back together for a limited tour in 2016. The ever-busy Aaron Gillespie will be a part of it, as his current band responsibilities for Paramore would be on a recess.
5. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. John Cooper this week lamented having to leave his kids for a month--A MONTH!--to finish writing songs for the next Skillet record.
6. So how do Beckah Shae and Jack Shocklee's daughters Joy and Grace celebrate the release of their first record, Scripture Snack Kids: Fun Size Volume 1? They went to Jamba Juice, of course, and got something very healthy, we'd imagine!
7. Jeremy Camp had surgery on his knee last week for a torn meniscus. With plenty of gigs scheduled in the near future, he needs prayers for a quick recovery so he isn't confined to an onstage stool.
8. SHINEBRIGHT sent out some handwritten lyric journals for supporters of their recent crowdfunding campaign, but the experience of artfully presenting the songs from the Only You EP made frontwoman Emily Fertig consider possibly selling these journals on the band's website.