Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. Huge congratulations go out to Holly Starr, who announced that she's engaged to her longtime friend (and former bandmate) Christopher Rumbles. They'd kept their courtship under wraps the past four years, but now they're shouting their love to the world. They'll be getting married this October.
2. Heavenly Joy, the five-year-old daughter of Joy Enriquez and mega-producer Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, auditioned for America's Got Talent last night. Multiple reports on the Twittersphere declare that little Heavenly Joy stole the show.
4. Anthem Lights wanted to thank all their fans for their support in a recent post on social media. Though they love their musical followers, they were referring to the actual electric fans they had on their laps. Nashville's hot these days! You can't blame them.
5. To celebrate the release of their first full-length album, Reborn, Finding Favour ate some cake. And it was a cake emblazoned with the band's album artwork. If the cake was a delicious as the music, somebody took in a lot of calories!
6. Geoff Duncan of Rapture Ruckus posted on Instagram that he's working on writing and producing some new music with friend and colleague Jonathan Thulin. The tie between the two projects has existed for some time. Brad appeared on JT's Science Fiction album, and JT appeared on Ruckus' song "Volcano" recently.
7. Caleb Grimm of Anthem Lights and Kelsey Grimm formerly of 1 Girl Nation met Willie Robertson of Duck Dynasty this past weekend, and they were all smiles. But was the meeting enough to make Caleb reimagine his pop-star look with a giant fuzzy beard? We shall see.
8. We have no idea why, but Rend Collective donned massive cartoonish panda heads. The photo they shared of the getup showed them in front of a green screen, so we're hoping it's the beginnings of a crazy music video attached to their new record, As Family We Go.
1. "There's no such thing as being of God and living to please self." - Rapper Tedashii
2. "Discouragement is a beast, but you have to fight to break through. Sometimes it's a daily battle, but it's a battle worth fighting." - Rapper Beacon Light