1. Jenny Simmons had a good laugh-cry today as she flipped through the Baker Books Fall 2015 Catalog, where she laid eyes upon a page that promotes her debut book, The Road to Becoming. She said she simply can't believe it's really happening! The book chronicles Jenny's story of finding herself among the "not-how-I-planned-it" moments.
2. While running Tuesday afternoon, Passion's Kristian Stanfill was hit by a car. According to Shelley Giglio, who was at Kristian's bedside in the hospital, he's going to be OK, and miraculously there were no broken bones or permanent damage. It could have been so much worse! Pray for the bumps and bruises to be relieved soon, and praise God for His protection.
3. Crowder sells beard oil. And while other bands are doing the standard CD or T-shirt giveaways, the band of bearded worshippers (minus two non-bearded female string players) is asking people to tag someone who could benefit from some beard oil for a chance to win said toiletry.
4. Yesterday was April 29th, or... Four-TwentyNine, and to celebrate, Building 429 released a brand new song, titled, "Impossible." Find it on their various social media sites (if they're still celebrating, which likely, they are).
5. Jonny Diaz and his wife are in the home stretch of their pregnancy, and the proud papa-to-be snapped a picture of the baby room, with a thought: I hope she's not scared of pink rhinos! Yes, a pink rhino overlooks the little girl's crib. No explanation as to why, but do you really need one?
6. Shine Bright Baby just got a new van for touring, and the maiden voyage hasn't gone so hot. The band posted a photo of the new van on a tow truck, saying that although everyone and everything is OK, the van is sick and the band needs your prayers.
7. Jon Steingard of Hawk Nelson spent most of yesterday in bed. No, he's not sick. He's recording. And according to Jon, he's been recording some of the strangest lyrics he's ever sung. He's quite mysterious about this project, but we're guessing it's probably not a lullaby record.
8. Josh Wilson is finishing up his new record, and he found a cozy, beautiful little spot along the French Broad River in Asheville, North Carolina, to complete his final song on the record, a song he says is called "Grace Upon Grace." This day in age, you probably could just record the whole record on the shores of the river.
1. "Talent and passion are lost without discipline to steward it and integrity to guide it." - Chris Quilala of Jesus Culture
2. "Until cloning is actually a thing, you'll find me over here begging the Lord for clarity and strength and an extra measure of grace to be present and faithful wherever He calls me to be." - Meredith Andrews
3. "The biggest challenge for me is being in constant remembrance of what God has done. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. His faithfulness does not change, and He stays the same. To be shaken by circumstances doesn't make any sense when you think about everything God has brought you through and what He will bring us through in the future." - Kristene DiMarco of Bethel Music