1. Some people look back on their first car with fondness for times gone by. Others look back at it and chuckle, wondering how they ever survived in such a jalopy. Jamie-Grace looks at her first car thinking of raising money for charity. She's auctioning her 2006 Honda Element--a graduation present--to raise money for the Jamie Grace Foundation, which helps children and families in need.
2. Hey there campers! TobyMac's Christian musician summer camp, Camp Electric, just announced the addition of B. Reith to the artist lineup. Campers get to hang out with the performers, learn from them, and generally learn all about singing music for God.
3. It's been a long, long wait for former Hawk Nelson frontman Jason Dunn to release music--for a number of reasons, many outside his control--but it looks like he is, at long last, back in the studio with his new band Lights Go Down. No word on official release dates for any music, but we're still excited, Jason!
4. I AM THEY visited Oscar's Taco Shop in the Nashville area this week, and ran into none other than tobyMac. Bassist Raul Aguilar got a photo with him, and apparently lead vocalist Stephanie Kulla photobombed it. Raul noted that Toby himself photobombed it, too, as there was a framed photo behind them of the Diverse City bandleader.
5. It's a watershed moment for any musician to grace the stage of the iconic Grand Ole Opry, and tomorrow night, Chris August will get to do just that. He's pretty excited about his debut on the Opry stage, joining EmiSunshine, the Del McCoury Band, Ray Stevens, Crystal Gale, Sarah Darling, Ray Pillow, Riders in the Sky and more on Saturday night.
6. Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors spent their Tax Day (April 15th) better than most of us, probably. They performed on Jimmy Kimmel Live! It's been a good year for that band, as they're gearing up to hit the road with Switchfoot, NEEDTOBREATHE and others!
7. Jon Micah Sumrall of Kutless took a warrior's pose as he hoisted high his new toy, er, weapon... a brand new Bowtech Prodigy crossbow by Bowtech Archery! Is Jon Micah the next Robin Hood? Perhaps!
8. Carman is showing NO signs of slowing down. After having one of the most successful music Kickstarter campaigns of all time, he's back, ready for another one. On May 1 he'll begin the campaign for "The History of Worship Part 1," which features a new album and world tour. No word on how much he's asking for, or the perks he'll offer, but they're sure to be big and bold!
1. "Praise gives the enemy a nervous breakdown." - Marvelle Cook
2. "Some food for thought....If you really believed God loved you (as He does), would it change your perspective of what you might be facing right now? I know it absolutely does in my life!" - Holly Starr
3. "When we sing to our Maker, we touch the extraordinary." - Lovelite