1. Chris Tomlin has announced that he will be hosting a special series of worship nights this summer. Each evening will be a special time for believers to pray and worship together, led by Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Kari Jobe, Matt Maher, Israel Houghton, Rend Collective, Phil Wickham and Reuben Morgan of Hillsong. These nights promise to be powerful and unforgettable. There will be events in New York City, Denver and Sacramento.
2. Life in a touring band is fraught with many perils, many of which come in the form of vehicle challenges. Seventh Day Slumber posted that, in 6 degree weather in Minnesota, their bus lost a wheel and hub, and their generator broke down. The band requests prayers so they can get back out on the road for the City Rockfest Tour.
3. In what promises to be a highlight collaboration of the year, Tauren Wells of Royal Tailor and Ryan Stevenson joined TobyMac in the studio to partner on some background vocals. TobyMac has been teasing new material on social media for a while now, including quite a few exciting collaborations. This is an album to watch for!
4. In case you've ever admired some of the vocal skill displayed on Anthem Lights songs, you now have a chance to learn how they do it. Chad Graham, one of the group's four vocalists, is now offering vocal lessons via skype. You can email email@example.com for details.
5. Casting Crowns is requesting prayer for lead singer Mark Hall as he undergoes surgery for cancer. The doctors found a lump on Mark's right kidney, and are removing the entire kidney on March 11. The band and the Hall family are requesting prayers during this time while they praise God in this storm that they're facing.
6. If you're tired of the wintery weather, you're definitely not alone. Strong snowstorms swept through Tennessee and Kentucky Wednesday night, stranding the Rock and Worship Roadshow buses at a truck stop, leaving some of the WinterJam crew on the side of the road and grounding Matthew West and Colton Dixon's Live Forever tour's opening weekend. All the bands affected would appreciate prayer as they try to thaw out and hit the road again.
7. Solo artist and Superchick alum Tricia welcomed her second child with husband Nick Baumhardt. Both momma and her new little boy are healthy. The parents are waiting to name him until they've had some time to get to know the new addition to their family.
8. If you don't already follow Finding Favour on instagram, now is a good time to change that! The next 200 followers will be entered into a drawing to win three copies of their upcoming album Reborn.
1. "The Christian life was never meant to be lived alone. Together we're a body. A family. The people of God." - Matthew West
2. "We always become the image of God we envision." - Alan Powell, Anthem Lights
3. "Don't be fooled, we either become freed from sin or more enslaved to it." - Tedashii