1. Ellie Holcomb has announced a new release for July, but it's probably not what you're thinking. The artist shared the news that she and her husband Drew Holcomb are expecting another child this summer. The announcement was accompanied by an adorable picture of Ellie's baby bump.
2. As eclectic pop rapper Mat Kearney celebrates the release of new album Just Kids, he stopped by the Today Show to give TV audiences a taste of the new tunes. The artist performed "Billion" live in a stellar performance that is now available to watch online. As an extra bonus from the whole experience, Mat Kearney shared "Tom Hanks liked my sweater."
3. If you've been waiting on new material from Josh Wilson, your wait will soon be over. The artist shared a snapshot from a set where he was filming a video that will accompany his next single. The new song is promised for April in advance of his next album.
4. Although for KING & COUNTRY was on stage at WinterJam the evening they won two Grammys, the accomplishment has certainly still been recognized. Luke and Joel Smallbone got to spend time this week in the Nashville Grammy offices. The Australian brothers took a fantastic picture with the staff, sharing that they'd just dropped by to say "g'day."
5. Today you're likely to see a lot of artists sharing pictures with red Xs crossed on their hands. That's because today is the annual day on which the End It Movement, in partnership with anti-human trafficking groups across the world, encourages activists to wear the red marks to raise awareness and stand in solidarity against injustice. The End It Movement has long been partnered with Passion music, but Passion artists are just a small fraction of those who lend their voices to the cause.
6. Sometimes auto tuning shortcuts backfire. Unspoken lead singer Chad Mattson and his family have been enjoying using the T-pain microphone, which features built in beats and auto tune effects. The singer shared a video featuring a song he and his family wrote about pickles, giving examples both with and without the effects in use. The verdict? Chad definitely sings best without any help!
7. We all know that Skillet is putting on a phenomenal, pyrotechnic performance on stage this Spring, but what does it look like backstage? The band's latest video podcast released today to answer that question, featuring unconventional backstage warm-ups and lots of goofing off.
8. As Danny Gokey continues preparing to re-release his latest album in Spanish, his language skills continue to be challenged. This week Danny attempted his first ever interview entirely in Spanish for Uplift TV. No word yet on if there were any linguistic slip-ups!
1. "Discouragement: a form of localised amnesia in which the patient forgets God's unfathomable delight in and love for them." - Rend Collective
2. "Character isn't who you are when life goes your way. Character is who you really are when the bottom falls out." - Lecrae
"No matter how many times you may have failed and messed up, God is ALWAYS ready to give you a new beginning." - Danny Gokey