From quirky to thought-provoking... our daily news round up has it all.
Christian Music/Entertainment News (8)
1. Jonathan Steingard of Hawk Nelson just finished shooting a music video with a couple hundred of his best friends… just not in person. He was pictured next to a massive collage of photos that were used in the "Live Like You're Loved" music video, coming soon.
2. Singer Jonny Diaz shared how he got his start with fans, with a simple photo. Young Jonny was holding a guitar upside down with finishing line for strings and Mickey Mouse on the body, but hey, you gotta start somewhere, he says.
3. Jordan Mohilowski and Dan Ostebo of The Afters are now part of the House of Mouse, as they just signed on to be songwriters with Disney Music Publishing. The guys are super thankful for the opportunity. No worries, though, Afters fans… they're also busy working on their next album!
4. Jeremy Camp shared a fun fact about his brand-new song "Can't Be Moved." He had a very special guest harmonica player… his dad. Jeremy said he "rocked it."
5. And speaking of Jeremy Camp, the incredible team-ups at Winter Jam continue. Jeremy got to join Skillet to help lead singer John Cooper out with vocals for the hard-rocking hit, "Monster," and for KING & COUNTRY provided extra percussion. There's a video of it. It's true.
6. Jessa Anderson is in Orlando, and of course they had to go to the Magic Kingdom. Apparently, though, Jessa isn't her daughter Lorelei's favorite singer. She was pretty much in heaven, her mom said, meeting all the princesses, including the irreplaceable Elsa. In other news, Jessa was trying to bring out her inner Princess Jasmine on the Aladdin carpet ride, but wasn't able to get her husband to sing Aladdin's part.
7. Amy Grant is getting excited for her trip to New York City next week, as she joins former Christian music artist (and current author) Ashley Cleveland and the author of the Jesus Storybook Bible, Sally Lloyd-Jones, for a night of music and storytelling. That's a pretty creative trio.
8. It's clear tobyMac is in the studio, getting it done for his new album, and rest assured, everyone, the same grooves you're used to will be rocking this one. Diverse City band bassist Toddie Funk was in studio yesterday laying down the foundation for what should be another TMac classic.
1. "Safety is not the absence of danger, but the presence of God." - Jeanette Windle (via tobyMac)
2. "Our son plays with toilet paper. That's how he rolls. See what I did there?" - Trent Monk of We Are The Monks
3. "I'm glad that every day I awake it's with the knowledge that someone is looking over me." - Martin Smith