Welcome to the latest and greatest from the Christian-music-related cyberspace!
Christian Music/Entertainment News (8)
1. Happy St. Patrick's Day! Oh, we know it's not for another couple of months here, but for fans of Matt Maher, it will indeed be a happy St. Patrick's Day. That's because the worship artist will be releasing his new album, Saints and Sinners, on March 17! He'll be out on the Rock & Worship Roadshow Tour then, so Sacramento can be the first city to celebrate with him when he performs there on March 19.
2. Plumb and JJ Heller are going on the road together this spring for the "Ready Now" tour. Looks like they're booking venues and cities, so if you're interested, head over to JeffRoberts.com.
3. And while we're on the subject of tours, Ellie Holcomb will be joining Third Day this spring for their Soul On Fire Tour, visiting more than 20 cities. Last year, Ellie shared the stage with Amy Grant as well as performed on David Crowder's Neon Steeple Tour and made various solo appearances with her husband's band, Drew Holcomb and The Neighbors.
4. And speaking of Drew Holcomb and The Neighbors, the band shared a video where they read a letter from their friends in NEEDTOBREATHE, who cordially invited them on a magical mystery tour of the United States, upon which they would rock the young and old of this great nation in spirit and song and would learn underwater basket weaving with no scuba gear. More information on that tour to come.
5. Carlos Whittaker is known as being a renaissance man, a man of many talents--writing, speaking, worship leading and now… comedy? "Loswhit" shared that he participated in a five-minute open-mic improv comedy night, and he was terrified. No word yet as to whether he was any good.
6. Rock band Icon For Hire is looking for a few good artists. They're designing merch for their appearance on Warped Tour, and they're asking fans to design a shirt and post it on their Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts, using the hashtag #IAmTheIconForHire. The winner gets $100 to spend at the band's merch store and a Skype session with them. Interested? You only have until February 4th to make some merch magic!
7. Former Kutless guitarist Nick DePartee is working with Veritas Guitars on a brand new model they will be releasing specifically designed with the worship guitarist in mind. Not yet sure what exactly that means, but we're hoping it can spit fire.
8. Skillet fans are well aware that drummer Jen Ledger is as much a visual artist as she is a musical one. She shared with her fans this week a drawing inspired by a fellow Christian artist. Check out her interpretation of Rend Collective's "Desert Soul" on her Twitter page, @JenLedger.
1. "If we as believers don't challenge and sharpen each other and hold each other accountable, who will? God made us instruments of sanctification." - Francesca Battistelli
2. "It takes a lot for a man to fall in love… it takes even more for him to stay there." - Kirk Franklin
3. God longs to come back for us as His bride. He loves us and loves to pour out His spirit and presence over us, but being with Him in heaven when He comes back for us will be so incredible." - Kari Jobe