1. Everyone can breathe easy. Plumb has a new studio album coming this Spring, and it's called Exhale. As of now, it's set to drop on March 31st. She said this album is the next step in her powerful personal testimony documented through her much-lauded album Need You Now and the corresponding book, A Story of Hope, both of which share the story of God restoring and redeeming her broken marriage and changing her life in the process.
2. Fans of Hillsong UNITED had a scare earlier this week when it was announced that Warner Bros. had not reached a deal with the filmmakers to distribute and promote their forthcoming documentary film. That deal falling through, however, doesn't spell the end of Let Hope Rise, which was due out April 1, production company Grace Hill Media says. No word yet when the film will release, but from everyone behind the movie, it looks like we'll still get a chance to see it in theaters soon.
3. When it's cold outside, it always helps to start dreaming of summer. And summer festivals. Creation Festivals this week announced the lineup for their Northeast and Northwest events. Headliners include TobyMac, Skillet, Switchfoot and Lecrae alongside speakers including Tony Nolan and Bob Lenz. Some other notable artists include Colton Dixon, Natalie Grant, Matthew West, Peter Furler and Rend Collective.
4. Phil Wickham is back in the studio, and he's pretty excited about one of the early songs he just recorded. It's called "Children of God," and Phil's so excited, he said there's a good chance he'll just name the whole album after the song.
5. Just in time for Valentine's Day, the romantic, tumultuous retelling of the life of Solomon in the movie The Song (featuring Anthem Lights' Alan Powell) is hitting DVD and Digital HD on February 10.
6. And speaking of movies, the To Write Love On Her Arms movie is also about to hit video, with a release date set for March 3. That film tells the real story behind the founding of the hope-giving nonprofit, and stars Kat Dennings and Chad Michael Murray.
7. Happy birthday to Gotee Records artist Ryan Stevenson. Did you know the pop artist and frequent tobyMac collaborator had pretty much given up on music and was working as a paramedic before getting his big break? What a story, and what great songs he has penned.
8. Speaking of birthdays, Danny Gokey's son, "Little Danny," celebrated his second birthday yesterday. It comes just days after Danny celebrated six years since his audition date on American Idol, which--in a different way--changed the trajectory of his life.
1. "The question is not where is God, the question is where isn't God?" - Dave Pettigrew
2. "I'm just a piece of art ready to be shaped and molded." - V.Rose
3. "Only the humble will see heaven because only the humble will admit they need Jesus." - Laura Story