Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music..
1. Jon Foreman got some recognition from his hometown this week. Foreman is up for two different awards in the San Diego Music Awards for his song and music video "Caroline." You can vote to help him win!
2. The Everfound brothers certainly know how to vacation well. They're spending some time in Hawaii this week, which included a night fishing expedition. They shared a picture of the view, complete with ethereal waves and a crescent moon.
3. Seventh Day Slumber frontman Joseph Rojas is branching out. The singer shared that he's working on writing some devotionals, which will feature scriptures and ways to apply them to everyday life. Joseph is taking suggestions for topics to write about.
4. Turns out Glenn Beck is a Matthew West fan. The radio host and political commentator has chosen Matthew's song "Do Something" as the theme song for his Restoring Unity event. Matthew West will be attending to perform the song.
5. Fireflight has announced the departure of their drummer Adam McMillion. Adam has been playing with the band since 2011, but has made the decision to step down in order to spend more time with his family. Keep an eye out though-- he's promised to perform as guest drummer from time to time!
6. Bethel Music has launched a lot of great voices into the musical world, and the latest is Amanda Cook, who penned their song "You Make Me Brave." Amanda will be releasing a solo album in September titled Brave New World.
7. Singer/songwriter Holly Starr is getting ready to release another stellar album this fall. Her album Everything I Need had a production team including awarded producer Ed Cash, and will be releasing on September 18.
8. We As Human released a new video for their song "Dead Man," but with a twist: the video is mostly fan footage from over the summer. The video is a unique look into the band's festival sets.
1. "Baby steps are still steps. Keep waging war on your sin and don't give up!" - Jimmy Needham
2. "I want all that God has for me and nothing that He doesn't because His dreams are way bigger than mine." - Danny Gokey
3. "I stand up on that stage as a broken person in need of love, in need of God and in need of grace, just like all of us. I am honored for the platform I have been given and if this is as far as my art takes me then I will thank Jesus for the beautiful time I have been given." - Jonathan Thulin
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.