Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. Ever heard of Drew Chadwick? Sounds like you will soon. VERIDIA announced the acoustic/rock/R&B/folk/pop/hip-hop/loop artist will be joining them on the Only the Crazy Survive Tour this fall.
2. Hillsong United is finding all sorts of places to play these days. After being on the Today Show and at the top of the Capitol Records building in L.A., the worship group sang current hit "Touch the Sky" at WGN studios in Chicago.
3. Switchfoot recently traded their instruments for gardening tools while volunteering their time at an urban garden, benefitting a Las Vegas nonprofit, City Impact Center. That garden is used to teach students how to plant, grow and harvest fruit and veggies.
4. Well, it was fun while it lasted. Singer-songwriter Brady Toops and Bachelorette Britt Nilsson started a romance on national TV, but after two months of dating, decided to just be friends. The two praised each other on social media, both saying that they added much to each other's lives and that they'll always love each other as brothers and sisters in Christ.
5. Kari Jobe is going to release an album called Majestic Revisited on September 25th. There are no details yet as to what this updated version of her latest worship record, Majestic, will contain, but we're hoping they're lullabies for Kari and husband Cody Carnes' baby.
6. JJ Heller has a new project. No, we're not talking about her forthcoming Sound of a Living Heart album. We're talking about her backyard. She and her husband are going to build a retaining wall and level out their sloped backyard to give the kids a nice, level, mud-free place to play.
7. John Cooper of Skillet is a fitness buff, and he's quite excited that his son Xavier--who turned 10 years old yesterday--is old enough to start "training." We're not sure if the picture of father and son doing push-ups was from Xavier's birthday, but if it was, dad was probably even more proud.
8. Michael W. Smith got to throw the ceremonial first pitch as a Colorado Rockies Major League Baseball game on Sunday. And, not coincidentally, the team went on to dominate the Cincinnati Reds 17-7. That's what we call Smitty Power.
1. "There will never be a day that I don't wake up with purpose. So if you're going through it right now and you feel like your identity is gone, just remember you are a son or daughter of God, and that there will never be a day that relationship will cease to exist." -Manwell Reyes of Group 1 Crew
2. "You are alive for a purpose. There is a reason God has you here. Don't lose heart or hope. He has a plan for you." - All Things New
3. "The secret to my Joy? I live in a river of Thankfulness. I have access into the presence of God, who does not treat me as my sins deserve." - Beckah Shae
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.