Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. Campfire music videos are all the rage this summer. About A Mile and Finding Favour--independently of each other--spent some time in the last few days getting out around the campfire to film music videos that harken back to summer camps and s'mores.
2. Group 1 Crew is thankful for being able to perform at venues where it isn't "appropriate" for them to do shows. Frontman Manwell Reyes said a security guard approached him after their show last week and complimented the band for having positive messages, after he'd heard so many other rap concerts that used so much language and degraded women. Manny was excited, saying that was proof that whether or not the guard was able to articulate, it, that he saw Jesus in what Group 1 Crew was doing.
3. for KING & COUNTRY had a lot to be happy about with their recent performance at the Ryman Auditorium, but they were probably most pleased with having a three year old girl in the audience who has overcome cancer twice in her short life. Hands in the air, she sang along to "Shoulders," a song that already means so much to their family.
4. Colton Dixon was walking on the beach recently and discovered that someone had written "God's Not Dead" in the sand. Excited about the forthcoming new movie, Colton and his friends added a "2" to the end of it. Necessary? Probably not. But timely? You bet.
5. Garrett Hornbuckle of All Things New shared a photo with fans of him sitting on a hospital bed, clutching some crutches. His comment? He got in a fight with a rock and the rock won. He was all smiles, though, so we're hoping that means a speedy recovery!
6. Three years ago, Jon Steingard of Hawk Nelson and Mike Donehey of Tenth Avenue North got together and wrote the song "Through the Fire," and this weekend, at Hills Alive Festival, they got to perform it together live for the first time.
7. Jason Crabb is a favorite son of his hometown of Beaver Dam, Kentucky, and to show its appreciation for the singer, the town named one of its roads Jason Crabb Drive. Jason showed off one of the road signs to his fans and remarked that he couldn't be more proud of being from Beaver Dam!
8. Gotta start 'em young. Jonny Diaz brought his new daughter, Charlie Grace, to her first Nashville Sounds minor league baseball game this past weekend.
1. "Every stage is an opportunity, every platform a privilege." - Charmaine
2. "When life gives you lemons, be thankful. A lot of people would really enjoy some fresh lemons in their life." - Rapper Beacon Light
3. "The church isn't dying, and God isn't freaking out in heaven hoping we save it." - Carlos Whittaker
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.