Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. Little pieces of dcTalk getting back together are starting to congeal. The band announced yesterday that its albums Supernatural and Jesus Freak would soon be released on vinyl. And Supernatural would be white vinyl, at that.
2. At a recent concert together, Jeremy Camp and Skillet's John Cooper used part of Skillet's song "Monster" to display their physical prowess by doing one-armed push-ups. Yep, that makes them feel like a monster.
3. Beckah Shae continues to be excited about her Shae-Shoc boxes--a subscription service that encourages people through music, words and other delights in a special monthly package. Not sure what's in this month's batch, but Beckah said it's her favorite yet!
4. Train 'em young. David Thulin certainly is. The remix master had his eldest son, Christian, checking lighting on a camera for a video shoot for his dad. Kid couldn't have been more than 10 years old.
5. Stephen Christian--former lead singer for Anberlin--is now a worship pastor in New Mexico. He wrote a blog for the folks at BadChristian about how it all came about, which involved heavy doses of God doing what He does--giving us what is best for us.
6. Derek Webb's album Mockingbird is 10 years old now, and to celebrate, Derek is giving it away on the music-sharing site he helped create, NoiseTrade.
7. Big news for Kari Jobe and her husband, Cody Carnes: They're having a baby! The pair announced it on various social media yesterday, telling fans that their best collaboration to date will release February of next year! Congratulations!
8. Danny Gokey said he's always surprised by his wife's culinary creations. Most recently, she made a fruit plate that included a melon shaped like a baby, complete with pacifier intact. Would you eat it?
1. "Christians should live out Christian values deeply and authentically. But why would we hold non-Christians to a standard they don't believe in anyway? Jesus and Paul never appeared to do this...not even once!" - Ryan Stevenson