Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. After more than 25 years, today is the final New Release Tuesday in recorded music in America. Starting next Friday, July 10, the international market is moving to a single Friday release day. Farewell, Tuesdays! Now you'll just blend in with Mondays.
2. Mainstream pop sensation Tori Kelly has made no secret of her Christian beliefs, and at a recent show she overheard a group playing Hillsong UNITED's "Oceans" under a bridge in Central Park, New York. She bought their album and invited them to perform the song at her show.
3. John Waller's sister, Laura Waller Smith, was crowned Mrs. Georgia Sunday night. Yes, Mrs. There's a separate pageant for the married ladies. Congrats, Laura!
4. MIKESCHAIR, JJ Heller and Matt Maher were all on the same plane, coming home to Nashville from a recent summer festival. They should've sang the safety instructions together.
5. Thousand Foot Krutch shared a picture online yesterday where they looked exceptionally rock 'n roll with some angry faces, but the best of all was their new member in the middle, none other than Michael W. Smith. That dude can rock.
6. Lots of artists are using the live video app Periscope these days. Hawk Nelson took the opportunity to broadcast a planking competition yesterday.
7. Morgan Harper Nichols and her husband, Patrick, are moving from Nashville to the Dallas, Texas area. And her sister Jamie-Grace told her Periscope audience yesterday that she has moved in with her parents in the Atlanta area to help be there for them while their mom goes through some difficult health struggles.
8. KJ-52 turned 40 this week, and from the looks of the photo taken as he was blowing out his candles, he's none too excited about it. Cheer up, KJ! TobyMac is 50 and still keepin' it real!
1. "For me, sometimes it's easy to focus on the bloody nightmares that inevitably show themselves from time to time, but despite such dismal distractions, it's obvious the Lord has a way of planting victorious hope all around, and sometimes such beautiful blooms of color and vibrancy crop up out of nowhere when I least expect them." - Adam Young, Owl City
2. "It's the heart-versus-mind thing, having childlike faith. It's about taking that step when you can't see the ground yet." - Trevor McNevan, Thousand Foot Krutch
3. "In many ways, fear is the opposite of love. If God, Himself, is love, and our identity is found in that, then we are able to love those around us in spite of our fears. To be a lover, you have to be a fighter. You have to endure and face those fears." - Jon Foreman
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.