Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. Kevin Max has no intention of slowing down anytime soon. A week after the world found out about dcTalk's mini-reunion on tobyMac's new album, Max announced an action packed July, including a number of performances (including an online show on StageIt from his house), a Deluxe edition of Broken Temples coming and a new "rediscovery" PledgeMusic campaign.
2. Mainstream pop sensation Tori Kelly has long been an admirer of Lecrae's work, and earlier this week she brought the Reach Records frontman onstage with her. There's been lots of talk about a collaboration in the studio between the artists. Tori, a professed Christian, also has stated she wants to work with Christian rapper Mali Music.
3. The Kendrick Brothers--known for producing and directing films Fireproof and Courageous--have a new movie coming called War Room, and the new trailer that just released for it features the song "Good Fight" by Unspoken.
4. Silverline has been in the final days as a band, and they just announced their no-kidding last show ever at Lifest on Saturday, July 11 at the Wisconsin festival. If you're super sad after their 4 p.m. show, you can always go to Rapture Ruckus' dance party later that night.
5. Britt Nicole has gone platinum! Although the pop singer's popularity only continues to grow, her platinum status actually only applies to her hair right now. She dyed it a bright blonde.
6. Amy Grant hosted the Barefoot Republic day camp at her farm for the first time starting yesterday. The camp--which seeks to bring people from various social, denominational and racial backgrounds together in unity through Christ--brought scores of children to the Grant-Gill property, and the experience exhausted Amy in the best way.
7. Beckah Shae is always up for an adventure. A frequent world traveler with her husband/producer/manager Jack Shocklee, the pair's most recent escapades brought them high in the sky in a hot air balloon ride.
8. As Family We Go. That's the name of the new Rend Collective album coming August 21st, the band announced this week. The subtitle is "11 songs for the journey." And what a journey it's been for these incredible Irishmen (and women).
1. "Every interaction you will have today will be an opportunity to tell the truth or tell a lie about God." - Rapper KB
2. "I can't talk about my past failure without also quickly being reminded of God's mercy. I can't talk about the trials that I face without also remembering and sharing how faithful God has been every step of the way." - Mike Weaver of Big Daddy Weave
3. "If I stick close to Him and if I continue to seek Him and put intimacy first, He'll take care of me. It's not going to matter what the season looks like." - Hanna McClure of Bethel Music
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.