Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. Congratulations to Zach Oswald of OBB! He proposed to his girlfriend, Allie, and she said yes! Even better, he shared the experience with everyone with a five-and-a-half minute recap of his proposal!
2. Summertime means one thing for artists on one particular record label: Camp Gotee! Ryan Stevenson shared a photo from the team-building weekend that showed him, tobyMac, Capital Kings, Hollynand Finding Favour all on a boat together. They've also been playing lots of cornhole.
3. Misty Edwards shared a picture of her as a teenager to share that she was "just as awkward" as she tells people. Not sure about that, but her choice of an actual dog as a fashion accessory was a bit questionable!
4. Centricity Music shared a photo of new label signee Jordan Feliz in the studio, promising new music this fall from the soulful singer who looks a bit like Johnny Depp.
5. Always one for presentation, Andrew Peterson shared a handmade drawing to reveal the title and the tracklist of his forthcoming new album. That album, The Burning Edge of Dawn, has 10 tracks and will come out October 9th. Our favorite song title? "Every Star is a Burning Flame."
6. In September and October, VERIDIA will, for the first time ever, headline its own tour! The Only The Crazy Survive tour will hit cities -- mostly east of the Mississippi -- in September and October.
7. Bellarive loves to be part of church camp experiences, and their most recent one ended with a surprise team building exercise in a treehouse. Now THAT's the rockstar life!
8. Kevin Young of Disciple had a pretty crazy day on Monday. Although he and his wife, Julie, welcomed a beautiful healthy baby boy Ryker Eliot Young into the world, Julie immediately had complications after birth and lost more than half her blood supply. She was stabilized and is still recovering in the ICU, but the dangerous hours after Ryker's arrival more than threatened the joy of the new baby boy. Now that things have calmed down a bit -- and even before they had -- Kevin is praising God for His awesome power.
1. "Isn't it amazing to know that just like the thief on the cross next to Christ, God is right next to us even at our lowest point?" - KJ-52
2. "God's story never ends with ashes." - Elizabeth Elliot
3. "There's a war between guilt and grace, and they're fighting for a sacred space." - Matthew West
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.