Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. Francesca Battistelli
is doing a bit of songwriting, and she's doing this with her husband Matt Goodwin and Bethel Music
's Brian Johnson
. She said, and we quote, "It's gonna be gooooooooood."
2. Holly Starr
has been releasing one song at a time for a while now, and so when a new one comes out, it's a big deal. Today she releases "Never Going Back" to iTunes.
3. While O.B.B.
isn't claiming that they've "made it," they are thinking back to where they started and are thankful for having a better ride than when they started. Being in a tour bus versus a car or a van is a huge difference.
4. Who says a Southern Gospel-turned-contemporary singer can't rock hard? Jason Crabb
rocked so hard this weekend that he ended up falling off the stage and spraining his ankle! Get better soon, Jason!
5. There was some gnarly hail in Nashville yesterday, and Kerrie Roberts
captured it on her phone. She said she was enjoying the day's storm until the quarter-inch sized hail started dropping. You could hear the hail hitting the car she was in, and it sounded like thick rocks pelting the metal! Stay safe out there, Kerrie!
6. Colton Dixon
said his "youth group self" was freaking out this past weekend, as he hung out with both Mac Powell
of Third Day
and Brandon Heath
! Despite being with the two Christian music greats, Colton should know he has the best hair in Christian music.
7. Shane and Shane
are recording for their second Psalms project, the pair announced on Instagram yesterday. The collection has them singing the words of the psalms with contemporary musical arrangements.
8. Rend Collective
is moving quickly. Despite setbacks in the recording process--including a theft of their laptops--they're already moving into the final mixing stages of their yet-to-be-named next album.
1. "Love does not let someone persist in destroying themselves." - James Mead of Kutless
2. "Sometimes I wanna rush things or I get anxious when the future is uncertain. I'm trying to learn to be patient and trust because that's when my faith will grow strong." - Garrett Hornbuckle of All Things New
3. "Real love is secure and immovable. Find it and don't let go." - Adam Cappa
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.