1. Finding Favour's bassist, Dustin Daniels, welcomed a son into the world Wednesday, but the band says the Daniels family needs a miracle right now. They say Phoenix King Daniels had a rough entrance into the world, and that prayers for healing would be appreciated. The band won't travel with the Newsboys this weekend because they're staying by Dustin's side.
2. She's been busy getting her new mainstream pop project called LEVV ready, but Audrey Assad is making good on her promise to keep making "church music." She's going to be making a hymns record, and already has a PledgeMusic crowdfunding campaign going to help make it happen. On day one of her campaign, she already has nearly a quarter of her goal raised!
3. Ryan Stevenson is a cover boy! That is, he's the featured story and graces the front page of Christian Living Magazine. He was pretty excited about it, although we're a little disappointed he didn't offer any recipes.
4. Lecrae is making appearances before a lot of different professional sports teams these days, and the most recent happened yesterday, as he was able to give a pre-game devotional to the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team.
5. Who says being a singer-songwriter doesn't involve any occupational hazards? Josh Wilson shared that there was a sign outside yesterday's venue that read: "Caution, snakes may be present." No word yet if Josh actually had a close encounter with said snakes.
6. Lots of babies in Christian music these days, and we say, keep 'em coming! Michael Barnes, the lead singer of rock band RED, just welcomed a healthy baby boy into the world. Congratulations to the Barnes family on the arrival of baby Garrett Lee Barnes!
7. TobyMac just announced he's hitting the road this fall--just in time for his new album, This is Not A Test--and although he said he's announcing his tourmates soon, Christian concert tickets site iTickets.com spilled the beans a little early, sharing that he'll be joined by Britt Nicole, Colton Dixon and newcomer Hollyn.
8. Got plans Monday night? If not, you should head over to Brentwood, Tennessee, where Plumb will be performing a CD release party concert for her new record, Exhale. Looks like JJ Heller will even be there to open for her. It's at Fellowship Bible Church, starts at 7PM Central, and all those in attendance will get a copy of the new album. Sounds like fun... if only airfare would cooperate.
1. "Some days it may not seem like it, but the whole earth WILL be filled with His glory." - Matthew West
2. "The Bible is meant to be bread for daily use, not cake for special occasions." - Adam Cappa
3. "Does life ever stop having chaos? Will things ever be 'just right'? Or do we just wait for something that we've had access to the whole time? Perhaps it isn't about NOT being in a storm! Maybe, just maybe, peace comes from a posture of our heart in the midst of any given circumstance. Perhaps it has to do with where our FAITH lies." - Holly Starr