1. This is Not A Test... tobyMac's new album is coming out this fall. No, we're not getting dramatic about his August 7th release... that's the actual name of the record, according to his post yesterday, which also revealed said album's artwork.
2. It wasn't quite the key to the city, but it was pretty close, anyway. Lecrae was honored by the Mayor of Rochester, New York with a certificate of recognition for his Grammy win and nominations, as well as the evolutionary approach to his art. Lecrae was clearly humbled by the distinction.
3. Natalie Grant's daughter, Sadie Rose, and Love & The Outcome's Jodi King have become fast friends recently. Sadie was pictured playing the iconic Love & The Outcome guitar, and Jodi said she believes she and Sadie would make excellent shopping buddies. In related news, Natalie Grant represented Jodi's band merch onstage at the last stop of her current tour.
4. It was Matthew West's birthday on Sunday, and his family surprised him onstage with a birthday cake. We're not sure if they brought enough for everyone to share, but it was a delightful gesture nonetheless.
5. Emily Fertig of Shine Bright Baby is in songwriting mode, although it appears it's for other artists. Most recently she was helping write, as she put it, "smash pop jamz" with Loftland.
6. Jeremy Camp is in Israel right now, and in addition to seeing some classic sites there, he was able to suit up and sit in an Israeli F-16. He said he was honored to be able to visit the Israeli Air Force during his trip. The man can definitely pull off the fighter pilot look!
7. New husband Cody Carnes took a pic of his bride, Kari Jobe, looking like a sad puppy while at the doctor's office. Cody asked people to be praying for his wife, who wasn't feeling too good, likely feeling the sting of a sinus and/or ear infection. No fun at all.
8. Worship, laughs and dancing! That's the kind of couples date Beckah Shae and Jack Shocklee had with Amanda Noelle and her husband-to-be, Reid. We bet there was (or could be) some incredible singing with those two powerhouse female vocalists.
1. "Just when you think that maybe they're not, His mercies are new every morning. This is how we start each day, standing on mercies new." - Rend Collective
2. "Anyone who would call you a fool for believing God created the universe, would also call you a fool for trying to convince them that something as simple as the shirt on their back evolved on its own. That's a head scratcher." - Matt Hammitt of Sanctus Real
3. "Resist the temptation of turning someone's singular worst moment into a grid through which you revise their past and predict their future." - Derek Webb