1. Jonny Diaz and his wife are expecting their first child this year. As part of the preparations, Jonny's parents sent him a stroller in the mail. The dad-to-be shared a picture on his facebook, noting "I'm starting to realize that any presents I get from here on are no longer going to be for me."
2. In between a busy tour schedule on the road with Newsboys and Audio Adrenaline, Finding Favour has had time to wrap up recording on their next project. The "Say Amen" singers are set to release their full length album later this year.
3. The brand new Rapture Ruckus music video for their song "Volcano" is a must-see short film featuring familiar faces. The original track featured vocals by Jonathan Thulin, who also features in the video-- which is fitting, given the artist's history with imaginative music videos. One of the lead actors in the film piece is Zach from OBB. The resulting dystopian epic is well worth a watch.
4. The SESAC songwriting awards took place on Tuesday night this week, leading to quite a few artist red carpet selfies and behind the scenes glimpses. One of the more serious highlights of the night was Remedy Drive's David Zach and his brother and former bandmate Philip Zach getting the opportunity to talk about the counter trafficking mission behind the songs on their album Commodity. Although the stellar project won recognition, the band shared that the recognition for their partner organization, Exodus Road, was most important to them.
5. In case you needed more motivation to catch Mat Kearney on his upcoming Just Kids Tour, the artist shared a picture of rehearsal-- complete with a spectacular disco ball. The tour, which Mat says will be "disco fabulous," is in support of Mat Kearney's new pop masterpiece Just Kids.
6. Friendships forged on the road often endure long afterwards, as Jen Ledger from Skillet proved this week. Jen shared a selfie with another chick drummer, Lauren Barlow from now-disbanded BarlowGirl. The two toured together several years ago and remain fast friends.
7. In case you've got some extra time on social media today, there's a new hashtag active on twitter: #FoodieBandNames. The goal is to add food to well known band names, with some of the results so far including "TobySnack," "MercyMeat" and "David Chowder." Log onto twitter to share your own!
8. Solo artist and former Addison Road singer Jenny Simmons released a fan-funded book last year titled The Road to Becoming, featuring some of her musings and wisdom forged in times of personal heartbreak. This September the book will be re-released much more widely through Baker Books, complete with a redesigned cover-- which Jenny shared on her instagram, saying that the finished product made her cry "happy tears, followed by the happy dance."
1. "God's grace is and always will be greater than our shame." - Colton Dixon
2. "The best worship leaders are just worship servants. Instruments in the hands of a worship-worthy God." - Rend Collective
3. "MERCY means I am so deeply grateful for the forgiveness I have received that I cannot help but offer you the same!" - Ryan Stevenson