1. Hopefully you've heard by now, but the GRAMMYs were a big night for Lecrae and for KING & COUNTRY. Lecrae won Best Contemporary Christian Performance for his single, "Messengers," with -- guess who -- for KING & COUNTRY. Lecrae had been nominated for the general category Best Rap Performance, but lost out to Kendrick Lamar. The Smallbone brothers also took home Best Contemporary Christian Album for Run Wild Live Free Love Strong.
2. Congratulations to I AM THEY! The new six-piece folk/pop band is celebrating a Top 10 debut as their self-titled album entered the Billboard Christian Chart at Number 9 upon release January 27.
3. Jamie-Grace's Momager -- that's "mom-manager" -- Mona Harper, got to be Chaplain of the Day in the Georgia Senate yesterday. She spoke to state lawmakers by giving them the daily devotional.
4. The team-ups continue at Winter Jam. Apparently, everyone's getting to play with for KING & COUNTRY. Most recently, tobyMac's Diverse City band member Byron "Mr. Talkbox" Chambers -- who isn't even on the tour -- appeared for an impromptu performance yesterday in Nashville. Also making special guest appearances at the Music City show was Michael Tait, RED and Colton Dixon. You never know what'll happen!
5. Remember that awesome movie Soul Surfer about the surfer girl whose arm was bitten off by a shark, and then she rose above and continued to live her dreams all the while being an incredible representative for Christ? Yeah, she and her husband are expecting a baby boy in early June. Congratulations to Bethany Hamilton!
6. Brooke Fraser-Ligertwood dealt with a nasty bout of food poisoning while on tour, and for a while it looked like she might have to bow out of her Washington, D.C. show. But she made it, and posted a picture of her holding her wireless monitor pack in her hand, with a hospital bracelet on that same hand. Hang in there, Brooke!
7. Happy anniversary to the Mike in MIKESCHAIR, Mike Grayson, who's celebrating two years of marriage to his wonderful wife, Molly.
8. Finding Favour is so excited about what's happening with their next album, they grabbed their Gotee Records A&R guy for a photo. They said they've been taking the last couple of years working hard to create what they say is "a powerhouse of an album," and noted they're "more excited than ever before!"
1. "Don't become a prisoner to your phone. At least sign up for work release." - Shonlock
2. "Spending time with family is the best time I could spend." - Luke Smallbone of for KING & COUNTRY
3. "There's a longing in the human soul that things can never fill. Experiences or people can't satisfy it either. The deepest part of us cries out for connection with God." - Among the Thirsty