1. It's not hard to tell that the Oswald Brothers who make up O.B.B. have many talents, but we're going to guess that knifemaking wasn't one them. Nich Oswald recently was pictured making a knife for his brother, Jacob. Not sure why Jacob needed said knife or exactly how Nich knew how to make one, but there it is.
2. Melodic, atmospheric rock band We Are The City is the newest band signed to Tooth & Nail Records, the label announced last week. The Vancouver, British Columbia band apparently is well established, and even well loved across the pond. They're heading to Europe for a tour next month.
3. There was that famous Oscar selfie that went viral last year, and now Christian music has a somewhat similar selfie. Backstage at the CCM United online streaming concert last week, Steven Curtis Chapman snapped a pic that included himself, Michael W. Smith, Amy Grant, Sandy Patti and Touched By An Angel's Roma Downey. Too much CCM awesomeness (and an angel) in one room. Steven Curtis had a guitar in his hand… what happened next?
4. Satellites & Sirens gives you a look at what their live show is like, as well as their life on the road, with exclusive footage that was used in the music video for their new single, "Crash Down."
5. Jeremy Camp and Skillet are on Winter Jam together, and that provides some excellent changes for artists to hang with each other. Skillet's Korey Cooper snapped a selfie with Jeremy's wife, Adie--who used to front the South African rock band The Benjamin Gate. Hopefully all this touring gets Adie back in the mood to rock out again. Assuming she feels called in that direction, of course!
6. There's no doubt David Crowder has had incredible impact since the formation of David Crowder* Band and now with his folktronica group, Crowder, but it appears that his best work is happening now. Crowder is celebrating his first-ever No. 1 single for Crowder's "Come As You Are." The song, from the Neon Steeple album, is atop the Christian AC Indicator chart this week and holds a Top 10 spot in the National Christian Audience Chart, reaching a listenership of more than 7 million people! Way to go, David!
7. Tim Timmons is teaching us all a very valuable lesson--leave on time and don't speed to work if you're running a tad behind. The worship artist shared a photo of his being pulled over by highway patrol while on his way to Liberty University in Lynchburg. His response? "Better sell a boatload of shirts tonight!"
8. Laura Story is quite the multitasker. Now a mother of three, the "Blessings" singer doesn't quite have the ability to sit in front of the computer unaccompanied. A series of photos showed what it was like as she finished edits of her forthcoming book, complete with babies on her lap, in others' laps and taking selfies with her phone. Impressive.
1. "When we recognize that we are caught up in the divine comedy of the love of God, laughter isn't only an appropriate response, it is worship." - Jason Gray
2. "[It's] as if God Himself is writing a love letter to us, and we're writing a love letter back to Him. Embrace it. Feel it, every aspect of life, because life is a vapor." - Misty Edwards
3. "The path is narrow, but you'll be alright. Just keep walking in the light." - Shonlock