1. Everyone knows Duncan Phillips of Newsboys is a fun guy, but it looks like he's into fungi, too. He was mesmerized while on a hike by a lot of fungi growing on a log and decided to show off his new iPhone 6-Plus's fancy new camera with the nature shot. But really, though. Get it? Fun guy? Fungi?
2. You know for KING & COUNTRY's Joel and Luke Smallbone, and their older sister, Rebecca St. James, but did you know Joel and Luke have an older brother as well? Eldest Smallbone Daniel, is a lighting director, and over the last two decades, has built a company called Lumina Design. He does for KING & COUNTRY's epic lighting, and has become one of the most inspiring and excellent lighting designers in the industry, his little brothers say.
3. Manic Drive is getting into life hacks these days, it seems. They showed their fans how to make an inexpensive smartphone speaker system using two styrofoam coffee cups and an empty toilet paper roll. If anyone else tries this, they have to let us know if it works.
4. The Erwin Brothers--the folks behind films such as October Baby and Moms Night Out--are making a movie about the last great spiritual awakening in America in the 1960s, The Jesus Revolution. Although they want the film to be out in theaters and other traditional platforms, they're turning to fans via Kickstarter to help create the movie to give away free forever. Their whole premise is that if it happened before, it can happen again. Amen!
5. KJ-52 entered his qualifications on a job search app, and nothing turned up. His qualifications? He put down "Instructor for cool guy rap jamz", "White rap dee rapper", "Dance party guy", "Sassy pants mcgee", "Turn up instructor", and "Swag master." Apparently times are tough in Cape Coral, Florida, as KJ's particular craft isn't in demand.
6. Steve Taylor & The Perfect Foil finally have a perfect vehicle for their quirky, smart rock and roll super-sounds. Their just-released album, Goliath, is heading to vinyl on March 31st, the band announced this week. Something just doesn't feel right about listening to songs like "Only A Ride" and "Goliath" as a file.
7. Apparently WWE--you know, the wrestling guys--put out a moving video in tribute to Martin Luther King, Jr. on MLK Day yesterday, and it looks like they used NEEDTOBREATHE's song "Difference Maker" for it. Talk about a strange collaboration, but hey, we're cool with it.
8. Fans are excitedly awaiting Jon Foreman's announced solo EPs he's releasing this year, and his recently announced EP release concert gives us clues as to when that could be. The show is scheduled for April 24 at The Underground in Cincinnati, Ohio.
1. "My hope for you today is that you would take time to sit close to the fire, inviting the Holy Spirit to warm the places in your heart that have become cold, and to let Him catch fire in your soul. He can give you a new passion, seasoned by life and marked by the power of your testimony." - Matt Hammitt of Sanctus Real
2. "Sometimes strength looks and feels so weak." - Shonlock
3. "The evil one is an annoyingly persuasive pest. He knows he already lost. Jesus defeated him. Don't let him try to convince you otherwise by falling for the bait he dangles before your eyes! When you are tempted, remember this - it is finished! In Jesus we have already won!" - Holly Starr