We've got the latest and the greatest from the world of CCM below!
Christian Music/Entertainment News (8)
1. Lecrae's appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon was met with a lot of positive response, as the Christian rapper performed his song "Welcome to America." Some of the most powerful moments from last Friday night's show were when he chose to sample some words from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "Mountaintop" speech.
2. The Christian music world is still celebrating the life and mourning the passing of CCM pioneer Andrae Crouch, who died January 8th in the L.A. area following a number of medical issues. Many artists have come out and expressed their appreciation for Andrae's life, and for his unmistakable mark on their faith and chosen ministry paths.
3. Looks like Jason Castro is going to be outnumbered! The singer announced as much with an ultrasound snapshot announcing he and wife Mandy will be having a second daughter. He and his male dog, Ziggy, are going to have to stick together!
4. Leeland is back! Or rather, they WILL be back! The band shared that they've been busy writing and creating a new record, and promised a bunch more information about it soon. But, hooray! They're back!
5. It's hard for the West Coast to get some love sometimes when it comes to tours, and fortunately, Ohio-made pop band Shine Bright Baby has had enough of the arctic chill in their home state. The group announced this weekend their "Dreamers" tour in February. Find out if they're coming near you (or your West Coast friends) at shinebrightbaby.com.
6. Tenth Avenue North recently was in New York City filming a music video for new song "For Those Who Can't Speak," which released Sunday.
7. While many people are dreaming of Summer camp, the energetic worshippers in Hillsong Young & Free are AT their church's SummerCamp. Of course, that's only possible because in Hillsong's native Australia, it is actually summer right now.
8. Supertones strike back… because there's a burger in it for them? The OC Supertones recently were the musical accompaniment to In-N-Out Burger's momentous opening of its 300th location. No word on whether the band was paid in dollars or fries.
1. "Lead me and I will follow, say go and I will go, take away everything and I will give what's left. You have sacrificed so I could sacrifice, you have loved so I could love." - Jonathan Thulin
2. "Surrender is sweet. And easier on Sunday, right? I love to write songs about surrender because it is rarely easy for me." - Ginny Owens
3. "I truly believe that God is good, even in the midst of everything that is happening in the world." - Michael W. Smith