Ready for the latest in Christian music news? Here it comes!
Christian Music/Entertainment News (8)
1. Jamie-Grace will once again be on The Rock & Worship Roadshow Tour starting next month, and it looks like she's already prepping for it. She posted a photo of her banjo with the caption, "You can never start preppin' for tour too early," and noted, "You can take the girl out of Georgia," but not Georgia out of the girl! Roadshow fans, be on the lookout for some banjo!
2. And speaking of Jamie-Grace, she has written a book! It's called "Boys Boys Boys" and it's billed as "thoughts on dating from a single (since birth) girl." Looks like the book is only available at BFFbookstore.com.
3. A viral, fan-led hashtag campaign got Lecrae on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon late last year, and his appearance must have left a good impression, because Christian music's top hip hopper will be back tonight for a repeat appearance, this time with a full set. The show is on at 11:35 p.m., but if you don't want to stay up that late, the set likely will find its way to NBC.com and YouTube.
4. The Duck Dynasty Dynasty continues. If you ever thought to yourself, "I wish I could teach my kids more about God but all they want to do is watch Duck Dynasty," then there's a new devotional out there you might be interested in. The mother and daughter team of Korie Robertson and Chrys Howard is releasing a new children's book on February 10th called Duck Commander Devotions for Kids, and the project features selected Scripture passages, anecdotal stories from the Robertson family members, prayers, and a Duck Commander In Action section. These motivational messages contain wit, humor and outdoor activities to help young believers grow stronger in their faith. No ducks were harmed in the making of this devotional.
5. Mat Kearney has announced a new record and a new tour! Both the tour and the record are titled Just Kids. The songs for the record came together as Mat toured the world over the past few years, and he used a portable studio he built on his bus to make the songs while on the road. The Just Kids tour will feature special guests Parachute and WE LOVE Christian Music Awards nominee Judah & The Lion. It will kick off on March 5th at Knitting Factory in Spokane, Wash., and concludes April 4th at the iconic Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Tenn. Learn more at matkearney.com.
6. Surprise! Did anyone see that tobyMac released a new single this week? His song "Beyond Me," is Number One on iTunes Christian and Gospel chart, and it's the surest sight that the Diverse City bandleader will have a new record in the year ahead.
7. Basketball fans in Los Angeles were probably surprised to get an earful of Christian music Wednesday night. Christian rapper Mali Music provided the musical entertainment at halftime during the game between the L.A. Clippers and the L.A. Lakers at the Staples Center.
8. In case you didn't know such a thing existed, Francesca Battistelli wanted you all to know that this week, she had some gluten-free instant ramen for lunch. She didn't say from where she purchased it. You're welcome!
"Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will." - B.Haley of tobyMac's Diverse City Band
"Of all the stars out tonight, YOU shine brighter!" - Britt Nicole
"The Lord has been reminding me to have a thankful heart, and keep the little things the little things. He is so good." - J.J. Heller