Get ready for the latest from the worlds of Christian musicians!
Christian Music/Entertainment News (8)
1. Somebody find out who Mike Donehey of Tenth Avenue North is talking to. While we were all in the Christmas rush, he was getting some things rolling. He said to his social media audience that in 2015 he may write a book and start a conference! No details yet, obviously, but that'd be pretty cool.
2. WinterJam 2015 has just kicked off, and it apparently started with a critical mass of awesome, as there are photos and posts showing Skillet frontman John Cooper joined for KING & COUNTRY during their set. Faces were melted.
3. It looks like Jason Crabb is back in the studio. The singer posted a photo yesterday of a beautiful, large soundboard with a caption that said he's working on a new record. No telling if he meant "record" in terms of a new project, or if he'll actually have some vinyl coming out soon.
4. Chad Mattson of Unspoken was very intentional in the wardrobe he selected to get his passport photo. A pic snapped by his son reveals that Chad sported "bed head" and a massive fleece onesie covered in Bugs Bunny pictures. Hopefully other countries will let him in.
5. It's always entertaining to hear what other artists are bumping in their cars. Plumb apparently is addicted to the new Annie film's soundtrack, and notes that she has a crush on Jamie Foxx's voice.
6. Fireflight's forthcoming INNOVA record will have a special voice on it. The rock band featured Anberlin frontman Stephen Christian on a song to be announced later. They posted a photo with Stephen in the studio, with the hashtag #safety, so maybe it's for a song titled, "Safety"? Yes, we're hashtag investigators.
7. What's getting JJ Heller excited these days? She's getting a new mudroom built in her new Nashville home. She said the little space to put her coats and wet boots is her Christmas present.
8. Gungor has joined the Emphasis website, to allow fans to make their own customized T-shirts with lyrics from their I AM MOUNTAIN album, or even from their smash hit "Beautiful Things." People can make their own one-of-a-kind merch at emphasis.is.
1. "Being jealous of someone else's life on social media is akin to being jealous of Prince Charming or Cinderella. It's an edited fairytale." - Carlos Whittaker
2. "Even though God brings about the changes in our lives, we can still only depend on HIM as faithful!" - Aaron Shust
3. "Every day is a new chance to start over! Who knows what today will hold?" - Britt Nicole