If you've been needing a recap of recent Christian music events, we've got you covered.
Christian Music/Entertainment News (8)
1. Happy birthday to Plus One's Gabe Combs, who has kept busy over the years producing and developing artists, in addition to mounting Plus One's rolling comeback.
2. He's known the world over for his worship tunes, but did you know Chris Tomlin has some folk in him? He recently played John Denver's "Country Roads, Take Me Home" live on Sirius XM's The Message Christian music station.
3. Billboard has started to release its year-end chart reflections, and apparently the Hot Christian Songs chart only had two No. 1 songs all year. Hillsong United's "Oceans" opened the chart year at No. 1 and spent 45 straight weeks there, only bumped when Carrie Underwood's "Something in the Water" took the top spot in October, and has camped there ever since.
4. Skillet owns three of the Top 5 most-streamed Christian songs of 2014, according to Billboard. "Monster" was No. 1, followed by "Hero" at No. 3 and "Awake and Alive" at No. 4. Hillsong United and Newsboys occupied spots 2 and 5, respectively.
5. Singer Jason Castro isn't the only performer in his family. The American Idol alum was an audience member yesterday as he watched his daughter, Maddie, perform in her first dance recital. Papa looked proud of his little ballerina!
6. In a post to its fans last night, rock band Silverline announced it will be breaking up in 2015. Although they said declining sales and tour attendance were contributing factors in the decision, the number one reason for the split is a desire to be in their homes as present fathers and husbands.
7. Be praying for Chris Quilala and his family--the Jesus Culture worship leader who wrote the song "Your Love Never Fails." He and his wife, Alyssa, just lost their son, Jethro Dylan, whom they were expecting to be born in January. The Jesus Culture community has responded by opening a fund to help cover the family's medical expenses. To donate, visit NRT.cc/jet.
8. Apparently BEC's new pop artist, Shuree, has been getting a lot of comparisons to pop artist and judge on NBC's The Voice, Gwen Stefani. Take a look at the photos side by side on Shuree's Facebook page and see if you agree.
1. "Redemption is not a foreign word to me; it is something I have lived out and at great cost. God has met me in the valley of my own temptations, failures, inadequacies and doubts. I have been tempered by defeat as well as by great success." - Kevin Max
2. "Worship is a response to His goodness, His kindness, His love, His sacrifice. It starts out as that response and then it's an ongoing response because He always comes." - Bryan Torwalt
3. "You can experience life, and it must start in your mind with the way that God sees you." - Dara Maclean