TRENDING NOW: New Skillet Song/Video | Fall Music Preview | Lecrae On Depression | New Music 9/17
NRT Christian Music News Update
Curb Records Acquires Word Entertainment
Word continues in distribution partnership with former owner WMG; Rod Riley to remain president
 

Curb Records Acquires Word Entertainment
   

Posted: March 03, 2016, 5:00 PM | Category: General
Artist Tags:
Source: From Staff Reports MN

Curb Records has acquired Word Entertainment from Warner Music Group according to a report by MusicWeek.com

Curb has owned a 20% stake in Word Entertainment since 2002, but they have now acquired the remaining 80% from Warner Music Group. The acquisition includes music, film, live events and Word's building in Nashville. However, the printed music division will remain owned jointly by WMG and Curb, and WMG will continue to distribute Word releases to the general market.

Longtime Word president and CEO Rod Riley will continue in his position. He shared "It has been an honor for me to be part of the Word and Warner families for the past decade, and so I am excited that our companies will be continuing to work closely together. I am grateful to Espo for his support and collaboration as we worked to continue to transform Word both creatively and commercially. Mike Curb has simultaneously served as a wise and thoughtful mentor to me for more than a decade, and I am thrilled that Word and Curb will continue on our journey to take Christian music to new heights. Our mission remains constant -- to continually serve our artists and songwriters while we forge new ground as one of the preeminent faith-based entertainment companies."

The combined forces of Curb and Word promise to be a powerful player in Christian music moving forward.

 


More Christian Music News Headlines View All News Add News

ADVERTISEMENT

Sidewalk Prophets Announces Annual 'Great Big Family Christmas' Tour
Monday, September 27, 2021
Citizens Releases New Live Album
Friday, September 24, 2021
TobyMac Announces 2022 'Hits Deep Tour'
Friday, September 24, 2021
for KING & COUNTRY Drops New Single and Music Video
Friday, September 24, 2021
NewReleaseToday Featured On Weekend Edition Of Counter Culture Mom
Thursday, September 23, 2021
NEEDTOBREATHE Announces Release Date of New Documentary
Thursday, September 23, 2021
Thrive Worship Announces Upcoming EP
Thursday, September 23, 2021
John Cooper's Best-Selling Book Available Now on Audible
Thursday, September 23, 2021
Lauren Daigle Presented with Plaque Honoring Sixth No. 1 Single
Thursday, September 23, 2021
View All News

Christian Music, Facebook Christian Music, Twitter Christian Music, YouTube Christian Music, Instagram
ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Music

©2021 NewReleaseToday
A Division Of NRT Media Inc.

 

Secure
CHRISTIAN MUSIC

Discover New Artists
New This Week
Coming Soon
Playlists
NEW! Podcasts
Free Music
Album Reviews

NEWS

New Music
Movies / Media
Events
Tours
General

VIDEOS

Music Videos
Exclusives

EXCLUSIVES

Articles
Devotionals
Interviews
Concert Reviews
We Love Awards
replica watches

MORE INFO

RSS
Privacy Policy
Terms of Use
Advertising
Staff
New Music Email
Contact

RESOURCES

Music Studies
Artist Training

CONNECT

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube