Never Before Heard Songs from Fanny Crosby Recorded by Contemporary Worship Leaders
Blessed Assurance: The New Hymns of Fanny Crosby features new songs from the prolific writer, recorded by Michael W. Smith, All Sons & Daughters and more
Posted: October 08, 2015, 5:00 PM | Category:New Releases Artist Tags: Source: Hoganson Media Relations
Recently discovered new songs from America's most prolific hymn writer, the late Fanny Crosby (1820-1915), have been respectfully crafted and recorded for the first time by many of today's most well-known worship leaders and artists. Fifteen of these once forgotten gems are featured on Blessed Assurance: The New Hymns Of Fanny Crosby releasing globally tomorrow (Oct. 9) from Integrity Music.
Leading up to tomorrow's release of the new album, The Public Square® radio broadcast will premiere live performances of select songs from this recording during Heaven's Encore. The ticketed event begins at 7:15 pm CT today at Lipscomb University's Willard Collins Alumni Auditorium and will feature performances by Michael Farren, Greg Sykes and Blind Boys of Alabama, as well as a video presentation from Ricky Skaggs and Sharon White.
Blessed Assurance: The New Hymns Of Fanny Crosby stands as an original, new-heritage collection from this blind composer that has inspired generations of Christians around the world with hymns like "To God Be the Glory," "All the Way My Savior Leads Me," "Blessed Assurance" and "Redeemed." The most prolific hymn writer of all time with more than 100 million copies printed, Fanny Crosby was inducted into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame in 1975 and was the first woman to speak in the United States Senate.
In celebration of the remarkable legacy of Fanny J. Crosby 100 years after her death, Integrity Music offered the select gathering of remarkable worship leaders and songwriters access to an astounding 2,700 unpublished and unfinished compositions by Crosby. This forgotten musical treasure that sat hidden for years was passed from Crosby's publisher to the historic Wheaton College.
Stephen Kelley, an artist, writer and entrepreneur who collects antique hymnals, learned of the forgotten cache and tracked them down to Wheaton. New life was breathed into 15 of these hidden gems, recorded for Blessed Assurance to shine a modern light on the remarkable legacy of the woman called "the Queen of Gospel Song Writers." Co-produced by Bobby Blazier (The Alternators) and Christian music veteran John Hartley, the full Blessed Assurance: The New Hymns Of Fanny Crosby track listing follows:
1. "We Are Waiting" - featuring All Sons & Daughters (writers Leslie Jordan, David Leonard, Alli Rogers, Fanny Crosby)
2. "Not Be Moved" - featuring Jon Egan/New Life Worship (writers Jon Egan, Glenn Packiam, Dustin Smith, Fanny Crosby)
3. "Hallelujah [King of Glory]" - featuring Dustin Smith (writers Dustin Smith, Jennie Lee Riddle, Greg Sykes, Fanny Crosby)
4. "In The Blood" - featuring Israel Houghton with Seth & Nirva (writers Paul Baloche, Rita Baloche, Fanny Crosby)
5. "Blessed Savior, Fount of Grace" - featuring Darlene Zschech (writers Michael Farren, Krissy Nordhoff, Fanny Crosby)
6. "No One Like Jesus" - featuring Michael W Smith (writers Stu G, Michael Farren, Fanny Crosby)
7. "Blessed Assurance" - featuring Chris McClarney (Fanny Crosby's original lyrics)
8. "In Life And Death" - featuring Greg Sykes (writers Greg Sykes, Jennie Lee Riddle, Fanny Crosby)
9. "Wholly Thine" - featuring Meredith Andrews (writers Michael Farren, Stu G, Dustin Smith, Fanny Crosby)
10. "The Savior Of All" - featuring Matt Redman (writers Matt Redman, Fanny Crosby)
11. "Come To The Water" - featuring Paul Baloche (writers Michael Farren, Stu G, Dustin Smith, Fanny Crosby)
12. "I Have Found A Priceless Treasure" - featuring Ernie Haase & Signature Sound (writers Don Poythress, Wayne Haun, Fanny Crosby)
13.All Is Well - featuring Ricky Skaggs & The Whites (writers Don Poythress, Tony Wood, Fanny Crosby)
14.I Never, No Never - featuring Elias Dummer (writers Stu G, Bart Millard, Fanny Crosby)
15.Where Could We Go - featuring Blind Boys Of Alabama with Michael Farren (writers Michael Farren, Jessica Campbell, Fanny Crosby)