Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. Steven Curtis Chapman got to play a concert for a very special audience this week. While visiting the Show Hope Care Center in China, Steven sat on a mat with some of the orphans for a "floor mat concert."
3. Jonny Diaz experienced one of the strange sides to technology this week when his mom sent him a text demonstrating that she's learned how to use emojis. The good news? She used the newfound technology to tell Jonny that she's praying for him.
4. The latest Christian music to appear in the movies comes from Plumb, with her song "Need You Now" featured in the trailer for upcoming film I'm Not Ashamed. The movie tells the story of Rachel Scott, a young believer who lost her life in the Columbine school shooting.
5. A karaoke session at the MOPS International convention this weekend featured a special guest. Matthew West showed up to give his rendition of Journey's classic "Don't Stop Believing," and the artist enjoyed it as much as the audience did.
6. About A Mile is working on material for their next record, but in the meantime, they're sharing acoustic videos of spur of the moment songs on their facebook page. Lead singer Adam shared one particularly heartfelt song addressing the drug issues in his hometown and the heartbreaking reality of the destruction addiction causes.
7. Rock group We As Human has announced that they have inducted a new drummer. Drummer Brooks Holt has been playing drums for the band throughout the summer festival season, and he is now on board officially.
8. If there's ever been a song that you thought would sound better with Jamie Grace singing it, now is the time for you to let her know. Jamie, who initially caught the attention of TobyMac through her stellar YouTube cover videos, posted on her facebook page asking fans for suggestions for some new cover tunes.
1. "When God steps into our lives, He changes our heart and our mind, and it's a real change and not just a temporary fix." - Holly Starr
2. "At any given time you can surrender your heart to God and be set free. We're told that if you fail, God turns His back. That's the exact opposite of God's heart. He tells us that even when we fall, He picks us up. God is loyal." - Lauren Daigle
3. "Don't let the compliments go to your head or let the criticisms go to your heart." - Lecrae
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.