Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. Audiences nationwide were introduced to the rock sounds of VERIDIA on WinterJam this year, and now fans finally get to see more of what the band can do. They'll be releasing a new EP called Pretty Lies at the end of this week, and in the meantime you can hear the title track from the EP on YouTube or by preordering on iTunes.
2. Newsboys has a new tune coming at the end of the week. The song is called "Guilty," and is releasing in support of the much anticipated movie God's Not Dead II, due out next spring.
3. Lead guitarist for Ashes Remain Rob Tahan and his wife celebrated the arrival of their first baby this weekend. The little girl is healthy, and Rob's bandmates shared their enthusiastic congratulations on the band's social media pages.
5. Cole Walowac, one half of the Capital Kings EDM duo, got married over the weekend. The wedding was well attended by Christian music friends, including his bandmate in the wedding party and TobyMac in the audience.
6. Former Hillsong writer and current pop artist Brooke Fraser and her husband welcomed her first child this weekend. The healthy little girl is named Dylan Wilde Ligertwood, as Brooke shared with fans through an instagram post.
7. With the temperatures cooling, it's the perfect chance to get outdoors. Natalie Grant and her family took advantage of the autumn weather in Nashville to go hiking. The artist shared a family snapshot showing that their hiking outfits were even impressively color coordinated.
8. David Dunn is requesting prayer for his family, particularly his sister and brother-in-law. His toddler niece passed away late last week, and though the family knows her to be home with Jesus, they miss their little girl.
1. "Let the Love of God peel your fingers open around whatever it is that is preventing you from receiving it. Let go, receive, and give. Live life with open hands." - Audrey Assad
2. "God is constantly calling you to know him and to make him known. Start digging into God's word and let him show himself to you. Don't just survive life - Thrive in it." - Casting Crowns
3. "Our confidence must be rooted in Christ, to bring forth boldness and zeal to be true ambassadors for Christ." - Derek Minor
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.