Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. When you get stranded on the road, you make the best of it. When Disciple's plane was delayed overnight due to faulty landing gear, the band used the time for a group game of hackysack with strangers in the airport.
2. James Mead of Kutless held a twitter question and answer session this week, which led to him sharing that once a snake fell from the rafters in middle of the band's set. Although clearly no harm was done, James shared that the snake was very mad.
3. Worship leader Chris Quilala and his wife Alyssa have welcomed the newest addition to their family, Liv Mercedes Quilala. The little girl arrived a few weeks early and as a result is in NICU, but the parents reported that she is doing well.
4. This week for KING & COUNTRY celebrated the one year anniversary of their explosive sophomore album Run Wild. Live Free. Love Strong. The Smallbone brothers invite fans to stay tuned to their social media today as they share some surprises in honor of the album's "birthday."
5. Jonny Diaz has had the chance to meet a lot of interesting people in his career, most recently including presidential hopeful Ben Carson. Jonny shared that he beat the candidate in a friendly game of pool.
6. CCM legend Carman has been fighting cancer, but even in the middle of the battle he promised fans that he would perform 100 concerts on a special tour. This week he completed the last of the 100 performances, giving the glory to God for the ability to see it through.
7. Matt Maher will become part of history at the end of this month as he performs at the Festival of Families in Philadelphia, an event which is part of Pope Francis's first trip through the United States. Matt Maher has shared that he is honored to be included, and excited to join in declaring the value of families.
8. As she continues to explore the idea of bravery, Moriah Peters recently shared a picture of herself with female powerhouse singers Korey Cooper and Jen Ledger of Skillet, Deena Jakoub of Veridia and Jaimie Grace, saying they are all brave to take a stage in front of thousands but step off seeking the One who matters. The picture shows "girl power" at its finest.
1. "I'm learning that I will never be able to trust God if I don't believe that He is good! I will never believe that He is good,if I don't ultimately believe that He is always motivated by love." - Ryan Stevenson
2. "Lord, free me from the desire to deserve your grace. Lead me to boast not in myself, but in Christ's redemption of me." - Bellarive
3. "Success and awards are not what define the great adventure of life. Adventure is most found in the small, mundane, inconsequential details of life when you live a life of faith." - Amy Grant
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.