Here's what's happening TODAY in Christian music...
1. Earlier this year Tenth Avenue North shot a documentary while on the road. The result is "Lead Us Through The Fight," a transparent, behind the scenes short film featuring the band. You can find it here on videographer Alex Currie's YouTube page.
2. One of the co-writers on for KING & COUNTRY's hit song "Proof of Your Love", Jonathan Lee, recently lost his grandfather in very unfortunate circumstances, so the band has dedicated that song's video to the grandfather, Lee Kendrick.
3. While some bands are getting played on ESPN, other bands are just as excited to see their merch on broadcasts. Relient K fans spotted a fan wearing a band T-shirt on a recent episode of Sportscenter. The band was excited enough about it to share it on social.
4. Carlos Whittaker has a special project coming. While in Seattle, he asked 100 people what the greatest moment of their life has been. He said he was expecting maybe 75 of them to ignore him. 100 of them answered and 10 of them cried.
5. Moriah Peters was on Fox & Friends earlier this week, where she was asked about how she has had to stand up for purity and what she believed in, particularly when she tried out for American Idol once upon a time. You can see the interview here.
6. Just in time for fall, Building 429 has released a new song "Ocean Deep." Or maybe they're going to be in some areas where you can swim until October. Check out an acoustic version of the song here on the band's Facebook page.
7. Rapper Andy Mineo was calling people himself to give them a chance to win tickets to his upcoming Uncomfortable Tour, asking them to name 4 songs from his Neverland EP within 10 seconds to win. The two recordings he shared showed fans unable to name the tracks (and thus, unable to win the tickets).
8. Happy birthday to the oldest sibling in the talented Thulin family, Jeanette Thulin Claesson, who turned 40 yesterday. A former recording artist in her own right, Jeanette is of course the eldest sibling to David Thulin and youngest brother Jonathan Thulin.
1. "There's a way to speak in an honest yet constructive way, and a way to speak in an opinionated, egotistical way. Option 1 works best." - Michael Sweet of Stryper
2. "I'm ... grateful for the bond that we all must share that would allow us to know one another through simple melody and lyric." - John Mark McMillan
3. "Jesus is enough. He is what we are searching for." - JJ Heller
For more quotes from your favorite Christian artists, click here.